1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$360 Yeti Cooler

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Who would give $360 for a Yeti Cooler?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Read the thread above and ask again. :)

3. Dale in Va

Dale in Va TS Member

I plan on buying one soon

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I didn't buy one.....I got two. Love em.

Rick in sunny MT

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We've sold a bunch of them. Some are over $500.00 and folks don't flinch one bit. They are used a lot on commercial fishing boats and will keep ice for a long time and will hold up for years. Do I own one, Nope. I get my ice for free. LOL Jackie B.

6. William Perry

William Perry Member

I have an Engle 80 qt. Probably as good as the Yeti. I use mine to keep fish on really hot days fishing in Florida. I live in Delaware, and can keep fresh fish in ice all the way back home. We buy dry ice in florida, and have actually had our fillets frozen when we got home. Worth the money, as it will last you a long time.

One thing - they will get stolen if you leave them out. I have a heavy duty bicycle cable lock for mine.

Bill

7. max trap

max trap Member

I love Yeti coolers...My rich friend Stan has one. When it's a 100 outside I go over at least twice a day to get ice out of it to put in my Igloo cooler !!
    With Stans anger issues... I'm sure one day he will leave the gun club at a high rate of speed with the Yeti on the tail gate. I plan on picking it up off the road....and then.. even white trash like me will own a Yeti !! Ed

8. Doug Brown

Max trap, your dream almost came true Saturday. Stan was leaving the gun club at a high rate of speed. He claimed he was being overtaken by a pack of Hells Angels. Something flew out of the back of his truck. I thought it was his MX-9, but it was only two packages of deli-lunch meat. I found out Sunday he had to take the lunch meat out of the "Yeti" to make room for the three key lime pies he bought. Maybe next time.

9. JJM

JJM Member

Key lime pie is not on Stumpi's diet. You should take it away and give it to some friends that can handle that much sugar.

10. Doug Brown

The report this morning was, there is still ice in the cooler from Sunday, but he ate the pies.

11. tj303

tj303 Member

Google is the place to find answers

http://www.engel-usa.com/PS0908_BigCoolers_reprint0808_WEB.pdf

"The Coleman and the Yeti were fairly
    evenly matched, while the Engel was
    clearly the best at keeping ice.
    How much better? After the 50-hour
    first round (evening start), the Engel
    had a half-cup of ice, while the ice in
    both the Coleman and the Yeti had
    been melted for some time. The sodas
    pulled from the Engel at that time were
    a frosty 34.5 degrees, while the sodas in
    the Coleman and the Yeti were much
    warmer: 62.4 and 67.4 degrees, respectively"

12. chuckwagoncook

chuckwagoncook TS Member

I love my Yeti, I too put off spending that much money for one, but after continual hinges and latches breaking on the run of the mill coolers, I finally saved up for a Yeti. I dont regret it one bit. Only disadvantage I can see is the extra wieght, but that comes with the quality of it, which is an easy tradeoff for me.

Rodney

13. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I'm getting one on my new drift boat!

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

So if the Engel has a better test result, how much are these coolers in the 120 qt. size??? Break-em all. Jeff OK Just looked it up. One website had the 120 qt. at 409 dollars. So I priced a Yeti at bass pro a couple of months ago at 400 so its about the same.

15. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I posted about Engel coolers in the other thread and it seemed most doubted my claims. An Engel 120 quart cooler will hold 120 quarts while a Yeti 120 quart cooler will hold much less. Then you add in the fact that an Engel keeps ice quite a bit longer it should be a no brainer which is better but some still buy into the Yeti hype. A coleman will keep ice as long as a Yeti.

16. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Ed says give the yetti to me and go and get a engel, so I alway have to have the best so I will give this piece of crap to ed and get me an engel, but I think if you guys are comparing the yetti to a coleman you guys might be full of it, I am in Nebraska and I went to get a case of water and half case of g2 put it in my yetti on friday night, room temperature, got 20lb of ice and put in the cooler, did not need to but put more ice on sunday morning, this is wednesday at 10:22 and there is still ice in the cooler, the cooler is in my gargae and it has been close to 100 everyday, I have owned every cooler that money can buy and I have never seen this before. With every other cooler the ice you put in on friday is melted on Sat morning. Maybe the engel is good I cannot believe it is better, but I know a coleman is not in this class. When I was buying this yetti all the camping hippi's were drooling over this yetti saying this is the only cooler you can take to bear country and not have to take the food out at night, they said yetti is the only cooler that seals good enough, no one talked about engel and again not coleman. thanks Stan

17. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

See comparison test at the link above.

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Stan, the forest service has backed the Engel with the grissly bear endorment as well for toughness. Looks to be made just like the Yedi. I just don't see them advertised on any shows around here, and was not aware of them. I would be afraid to leave them both outside for fear they would grow legs and disappear for good. I'll keep my Igloo so I can sleep at night if I leave it outside. LOL. Break-em all. JEff

19. Doug Brown

Stan brought the "heavy yeti" to the shoot Sunday. It took two men & a teenage girl to load it in the truck. After shooting the first event, I noticed the heavy yeti lid was pooched out. I thought it blew up, but no it had just made some more ice.

20. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

I'll stick with my coleman, if the ice doesn't melt what will I tell the lady I'm stopping for when i need more beer? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.