1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

35mm SLR film cameras for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Just on a whim, I thought I might see if there were any photography buffs on here that might be interested in some older "program" cameras. I now have two digital cameras and really never understood how to use all the features of either of my film cameras.

I have a Minolta with two lenses and a Pentax with two or three lenses and a motor drive. The Minolta was purcahsed new in about 1980 and the Pentax is a European model I bought new in Hong Kong in 1984. Neither was ever used much, under water or stored in a damp area and both work as well as they did when new.

Please reply to my email address above (drop the "x" first).

Ed

2. AveragEd

Just weeding out my gun room, Fred.

Ed

3. KK

KK TS Member

PRICE??

4. AveragEd

KK, I have absolutely NO idea what these cameras are worth. You how it is with "old stuff" - some of it is just that while some is really worth something. I frankly was hoping that someone who might be interested in them would make me what he knows to be a fair offer.

Ed

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ed, ebay is the place to price and sell old cameras. I only buy there and if a price for something in perfect condition is more than about half retail, I pass, and I collect rare or exotic items. For the commoner lines maybe at quarter of new retail is where it starts to interest me. Don't pay much attention to ebay stores or buy-it-now prices; see what things actually go for.

Neil

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

would you check and see what models they are

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ed, here's a site that sells used cameras and gear. When I traded all my Nikon bodies, lenses, motor drive, flash, et al., the store I wanted to trade with for a digital camera used this site to price the value of my equipment. Of course they paid less since they would need to profit but it was just the price quoted here less 20% or some what....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Bob, could you help me find that site? I have a long-delayed camera inventory I need to update for my insurance and it would really help.

Neil

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Geeez, what I'd do, tout it and not give a site address? Back to the Cuckoo's nest! Here ya go! http://www.keh.com/onlinestore/home.aspx

It seems to me you needed to act like a buyer of your equipment and surf around for the individual parts then decide what you'd take using that as a guide. You can offer to sell equipment there too but I'd guess they'd have to discount substantially to build in a profit.....Bob Dodd

10. AveragEd

For those who might be interested, here are the details on the cameras.

The Pentax is a "Super A" with an all-black body. The lenses are a Pentax-A Zoom 1:4 35~70mm and Pentax-A Zoom 1:4 70~210mm. The motor drive is also a Pentax A.

The Minolta is an XG7 with a silver body with black leatherette. Its lenses are a Minolta Celtic 1:2.8 28mm and a Minolta Rokkor-X 1:1.7 50mm. There also is a Minolta Auto 320 flash unit.

Both are little-used and like new. I did check eBay at someone else's suggestion and a check of that site showed the Pentax body only selling for $50 while an identical Minolta with the same 50mm lens also brought $50. Now, what are the additional lenses, motor drive and flash unit worth? I remember that Pentax 70~210mm lens being a salty sucker and it's about six inches long. Is $300 plus shipping for both cameras and all the extras fair?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.