1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

357 colt python ss. what's it worh

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull & Mark, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a 357. A friend of mine was doing some looking for me. He found a colt python @ about 100% (maybe no box) or close to it. I have not seen yet. It has the 6 inch barrel and is all Stainless steel. I know what he paid for it and will sell me for same. I'm just not sure what the book value and actual normal selling price (if higher) is for this gun. Also what makes these handguns so valueable. Is it just that they are made so well.I know alittle about shotguns but handguns are a different story. Thank You in advance for all your help. Break-em all. Jeff

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Jeff,

I have, and carried for years as a motor officer, a 4 in. Nickle Python. Great looking gun, well balanced and easy to maintain. You have to learn to shoot a Python as the action is different. Word to the wise, don't every take it apart. I took one to gunsmith school. I stripped it and it took the instructor and I 2 days to get the damn thing timed correctly and put back together. The gun you describe seems to be worth about $750 and up. I saw one a while ago for $1250, but I think that is over the top. Good luck.

JON

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Since Colt went the way of the Dodo bird...a good clean stainless Python under a grand is a rare bird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.