1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3500.00 for gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hehawboy, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I have 3500.00 for a new gun ,mainly o/u with 32 " barrels, like the joel etchens 687 ,does any one have any other guns they think would be a good buy at that price, Thanks

2. oz

oz Active Member

682E

3. superump

superump TS Member

Browning Cynergy Classic trap combo. Check with Erik from Cove Creek Outfitters in PA they have unbeatable prices. I love my new gun and how it shoots. I have only got to shoot 7 rounds because of winter but I avg 23 with it being a new gun to me I am happy and looking forward to shooting it more this spring.

4. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Also look at Caesar Guerini,Summit series(lot of gun for the $) Good luck ML.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

What games do you plan on shooting with this new gun??? Break-em all. Jeff

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There is an absolutely perfect Perazzi MX8 for sale here under "For Sale" section. It's at or near the top of the best trap guns ever made.....period. You can shoot it for every event. The seller is MIA and he has the reputation of peddling only good quality stuff. His price is $3,295. A gun like this usually goes for closer to $3,500.

Take a look and contact MIA (Jack). It would be a shame not to look at it, even against a new gun.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

For that price point, it is pretty hard to beat the Beretta you are looking at. I am not sure you can get a Guerini, Perazzi, or K gun in that price that is in good shape, and Beretta's are dependable.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'd look at the 2 used MX-8's on the board now.. Both under $3500

9. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I have a Perazzi MT6 32 inch adj. comb that I would let go for 2700 that will give you 800 to shoot with. Tom

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I would look at the MX 8 too. It is a better deal and will always be worth what you paid for it.
    Don

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

If I were to not buy one of the MX8's for sale here now and had $3500 to spend, I would purchase a Citori XT and spend the rest on shells and entry fees.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I would buy two Remington 3200s that way you will have a backup gun. HMB

13. plaw

plaw Active Member

there is nothing out there that has the balance and moves to the target like an mx8

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Pheasantmaster is wise--I'd listen to him.

For $2700.oo I bought my wife a very nice XT 32/34 combo (very lightly used) with Warrick case, Allem release & stock pull triggers, and extra chokes from Bob Schultz.

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.