1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

34" or 32" Unsingle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dodgeram, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

I'm going to purchase a 12 gauge unsingle and am thinking about a 32". Would the 32" be any disatvantage compared to a 34" gun?

Thanks for any input, Doug

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The most likely disadvantage is in resale. It's pretty certain that more folks will think they NEED the 34" more than those preferring the 32". It would be hard to say which might work best for you, really personal. I'd try to find a way to test drive each if I were you....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I would try to shoot both lengths before you purchase. I always thought that a 34" was the only way to go. A fellow shooter had a 32" Beretta unsingle barrel for sale. I was skeptical because I felt I wanted a 34". He was gracious enough to allow me to shoot it on my gun. (I have a Beretta 682 32" O/U) After shooting it for approximately 200 rounds I knew that I liked the 32"; and purchased it. So try both and decide. Ed

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

on a combo gun ive heard that the longer barrel (2 inches of metal /think leverage at end of barrel) helps duplicate the swing characteristics of its partner double, but i guess you could use barrel weights to accomplish the same thing. I have 23dbl/34 unsingle and unless wind really bad from the side dont notice much diffeence in swing between them
    shoot wel bob

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

dislexic this am that a 32/34 combo and difference not diffeence. gosh dont want to get caught by any of the spelling guru's around here
    shoot well bob

6. mredburn

mredburn TS Member

I have friend that has the 32in unsingle and I have the 34in unsingle. I have more than once picked up his gun and shot it without noticing any difference. I take that back, I realized I had accidently picked up his gun and was shooting it on a practice round, when i went to rest it on my toe pad and it was shorter than usual. Shooting it I never noticed the difference. If you wont tell the spelling police I wont either. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.