1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

34" o/u Who makes them?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gun fitter, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Who is making 34" o/u barrels for trap. I see a distinct advantage to having the same length tubes for singles and doubles. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Joe goldberg

2. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

I believe that Caesar Guerini makes them. wolfee

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

No I was just on the phone today with Wess @ Caesar Guerini. It's the reason for this thread.

4. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Kolar, Perazzi, and Krieghoff.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I've got a 34" for Sporting on my MX8. Rib is a flat tramline and I don't think Perazzi makes a ramp or step rib of that length.

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I am sure that perazzi makes one 34" OU and a 35" Top Single it is an MX 2000 Combo, and it can be YOURS for $9000, W/ Wilkonson Barrel work and invisable Wilksinson Tubes....

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I know about all the 34" sporting barrels out there. I shot the first set that Perazzi made for Andy Duffy. Just trying to find out who in the trap world is making 34" O/U sets.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ray Stafford was shooting a 34 inch Perazzi for doubles a couple years ago.

I think they even named it "RS 2000".

HM

9. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Joe, I'm pretty sure Blaser do, but I stand to be corrected. Cheers-Graham.

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

You can special order such a set from Perazzi. Be sure to specify barrel weights and decide whether you want to eliminate the side ribs. The idea is to have the same MOI.

That being said, I have a 35/34 2000RS combo that works well. Barrels are within 1/4oz of each other (atypical for such a set) and MOI is very, very close. I found zero problem shifting between the two when I shot a 22" high @40yds POI. The 35/31.5 combo I used to shoot drove me nuts.

If I were doing this from scratch, I would just buy a Perazzi MX-2000RS (or maybe a 2005) 34" O/U barreled gun and an adjustable, selectable trigger and be done with it. A couple of months ago I sent both my barrels to Kerry Allor, with instructions to make the O/U into Bunker barrels and the unsingle into a true, no compromise 27 yard gun. That is exactly what he did, and superbly well. The O/U will smash anything thrown on an ATA field, even with dinky little 24g @ 1150fps loads from the 27. Shooting the unsingle at anything closer than the 26 or 27 yard line is like shooting a slug. That's why I say the O/U is enough for ATA. The U barrel is terrific for quick first shots at doubles through mid yardage caps. The O barrel is great from the 23 to beyond the 27. If I owned a selectable trigger, my unsingle would gather dust.

11. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I think Alferman will build anything you want.

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What are you willing to spend?

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Krieghoff made such a gun for a Sporting shooter in my acquaintance. Of course he's built like an NFL defensive end and shoots scores that would likely have any gun maker do anything he wanted.....Bob Dodd

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ok so far Ive heard you can order a Perazzi. Maybe a Blauser. All the rest are Sporting barrels. Am I missing any? Joe

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If it is that important to have a 34" O/U's on a trap gun and you don't want a Perazzi or Blaser, then just get a set of sporting barrels. When recieved send them to Dennis and have him install one of his adjustable ribs. He could match the height of the unsingle/topsingle rib and then all is good. This way you would have options.

BTW 34" O/U .750 bore Kolar tubes swing very well, at least for a bigger guy.

ec90t

17. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Actually I'm just looking for info. Dennis Is a great friend and that's always an option. I asked really because I had seen several 34" sporting barrels on the Trap Range recently and was wondering if the manufactuers were going to accomidate the trap shooters or just offer Sporting Barrels.

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine bought a Guerini 34" sporter last year ('07)so they were making them then....

19. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What is the exact difference between a sporting barrel and a trap barrel?

Yes there might be a POI difference but it will be slight and with an adjustable stock, which I am sure you would have you can adjust for that slight POI difference in the barrels ... so exactly what is the difference or do you think if you knew it was a sporting barrel and not a trap barrel that could be a reason for poor shooting just because you know.

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Newbius-

Sporting Barrels seem to have flat ribs and low stocks which don't accomidate the style of shooting used for trap doubles. You can add a rib but you'll need to add a stock or atleast an adj comb. It would be preferable for the manufactuers to offer the dedicated trap barrel instead of spending an additional $400 -$700 to Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.