1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

34" barrel Vs. 32" barrel?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by turbonick, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbonick

turbonick Member

Is there an advantage going with a 34" barrel from a 32"? It seems that most serious trap shooters go with a 34" barrel. Is there a measurable improvement or advantage going with the longer barrel?

2. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

That's how the serious trap shooters win, they are always two inches closer to the bird. I never thought of that.LOL

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Probably just what you get used to I find with a 32 I shoot too soon. I do know if you are ever going to sell or trade is a 34 is more desirable.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would highly suggest and strongly recommend the 34" barbell sir ... since there is never a price difference between the two why not get the most for your money and get the extra 2" for free?

5. lancelot

lancelot Member

In one of Kay Ohye's tapes he states he feels you should shoot the longest barrel you can comfortably. The reason he gives is that as you grow older, and slower, you can then go to a shorter barrel to pick up some of the speed you have lost.

Ron Ireland

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

It's all how the gun balances and personal preference....There are great shooters that shoot 32's...

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't you wish you had an extra 2" on you personal hardware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.