1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.327 Federal Magnum

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Anybody have one & what do you think about it?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I think chambering it in a medium frame is a waste. What can it do that a medium frame .357 can't?<br>
    <br>
    Now, if you want a small frame, with six shots instead of five, sure. But personally I'd still rather have a 5-shot .357 than a six shot .32.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Darn...I was sure you'd already dropped a coyote with one...sigh.

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

This is nothing more than the old hot loaded 32-20 rifle round. I load 11 grains of 2400 under a 115 GC lead slug and a mag primer for about 1600 fps. I can take it up to about 13 grains and 1950 fps from my M92. In a good Ruger pistol it will do pretty well too so I can't imagine why I'd need a .327 mag.

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

perfect solution to a non-existent problem. If it was a J-frame type or smaller... The companies have to come up with new calibers, for new guns yada yada. I shot one, I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe becuase you can shoot shorts, longs and mags in it? Rick Gibbs

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

It will "die" like the 41 Mag.

Don

7. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Its advertised advantage is that it closely resembles .357 ballistics while generating much less recoil. I think it's a better idea than the .45GAP, but I've not yet seen a single revolver chambered for it. Ruger's making one, I think.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The .41 Magnum ain't dead.....I got three of 'em.

John C. Saubak

9. coltlover

coltlover Member

Ballistically identical to the 32 H&R Mag, which has been out for many many years. The magazine article I read showed some really skewed charts. Went back & checked some reloading data, "VIOLA", they recreated the 32 H&R Mag. I love my Ruger Single Six 32 Mag!!! Don't know that I would trust my life to it, but it is deadly on Opossums.

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

The wife regularly carries a 6 shot, J frame,.32. I loaded up some .32 S&W Long brass to almost .32Mag velocity for her. No problems so far the little gun handles the increased pressures fine and it is a pretty darn accurate shooter to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.