1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 with choke tubes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leo, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Is a Remington 3200 a straight forward gun to have choke tubes installed? Were any made that way from the factory? Are they mechanical or inerta triggers? Thanks

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

3200s were out of production before Remington offered choke tubes period. Triggers are mechanical as far as I know. Shouldn't have any problem with chokes, you'll probably have to have thinwalls put in (Briley would most likely be the go-to company for this), but there shouldn't be a problem.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I would forget about installing chokes in the 3200. The barrels are thin and not the best candidate, even for the Briley Thin Walls. Some barrels may have a little more meat, but you take the chance of ruining a good set of barrels.

They are mechanical triggers and quite fast.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I've two 3200's tubed by Briley - no problem. The biggest issue with 3200s (maybe field guns only?) is the lack of concentricity of the bores.

GS

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I know someone that has a 3200 that Briley thin walls were installed in...no problems at all with them. YMMV

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have had Briley thin walls in my 3200 for 15 years, no problems.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have Seminole thin walls. Great!

8. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The Remington 3200 has mechanical triggers, work great. They were produced far too early to have factory choke tubes. but Briley thinwall chokes can be installed easily. I had my 3200 set up with Briley thinwalls sometime back. They have worked without a problem, as long as you check regularly to see they are fully seated/tight before a firing session. The thinwalls do seem to be able to work loose a bit easier than some (some of my Berettas with factory chokes also do this) but checking and tightening before a round takes care of that. I would say go for it.

Jim R

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

It is a "hit & miss" when installing choke tubes into 3200s. Many times the bores are not concentric....a careful examination has to be done.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.