1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 vs Broadway

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter870, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I'm pondering my next shotgun buy. I've shot (and enjoyed shooting) both a Remington 3200 with upgrades and a Browning Superposed with the Broadway rib. Over the years I've seen some very good shooters turn in some great scores with both. I'm open to comments from those who really know these guns...opinions? Is one significantly better than the other?

Thanks for your responses.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Club vs balance

I apologize for this crass generalization. The 3200 has more weight between the hands and has a different pointing characteristics than the superposed. The super is quicker and has more recoil.

3. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Superposed vs. 3200? Hand crafted vs. stamped together. Go with quality every time.

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

I'd much rather shoot the 3200. For longevity and rebuilability I'd pick the Browning.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

But that wide rib takes some getting used to. Bill

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I like the superposed. I can set my milk and cookies on that broadway rib and continue shooting!!

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Just comes down to what you like. I have owned both and they are both great for diffrent things. The 3200 will be a little heavier and teh Broadway more lively in teh hands.

I would buy the 3200 because they seem to kick less then the Browning to me. Jeff

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Which ever works the best for you. I've owned and shot both and my nod goes to the Browning Superpose.

9. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

both are older guns you'll be able to find in a variety of conditions. There are good 'smiths out there that service both. I wish I would have never parted with my Superpose!

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you like fast mechanical triggers the 3200 is the gun for you. HMB

11. Barry C. Roach

Personally, I like when dealers display their wares here. Especially when the put them in the "For Sale" section. I often just look at that section so I miss the ones put in the shooting section.

I appreciate seeing exceptional deals or exceptional guns here.

12. Barry C. Roach

Personally, I like when dealers display their wares here. Especially when the put them in the "For Sale" section. I often just look at that section so I miss the ones put in the shooting section.

I appreciate seeing exceptional deals or exceptional guns here.

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If you need any part for a Browning you can have it in 72 hours at a reasonable price. If you need a part for a 3200 well good luck. The 3200 is the only gun that I know of that any manufacture would put plastic parts in the barrel selector/safety mechanism. The part is called a toggle slide block, and if the part breaks (which I have seen one fail a few months ago) can leave a gun in the state where the barrel selector is pointing on safety, but actually its ready to drop a sear. Not so much important on a target gun, but they did make field grade 3200's also.

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Toolmaker, are you drunk? It's ok I sometimes imbibe also.

Guy Babin

15. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

I have a Browning Broadway purchased new in 1962. The Broadway rib on the early ones were infamous for having the rib come loose. I've had the rib replaced 3 times no cost except for shipping one way. Browning's gaurantee was lifetime free repair to orignal owners. This gun has been in my safe for the last 20+ years, except for a few occasions when my son uses it for doubles.
    Don D.

16. Barry C. Roach

I lost a top rib on one of mine too. Browning fixed it at no charge. I was not the original owner, just lucky.

17. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Wow....I just checked back in and didn't expect this many responses...and on both sides of the discussion. From the responsies, it looks like about 2/3 are recommending the Browning.

I'll keep an eye open for both, and probably buy the one that feels the best in my hands...

Thank you all for your insights.

18. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

3200 all the way. I have a combo like he one in the pics. GRINDER

19. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Hunter, you said it right: Buy the one that feels good in your hands. I own both, like both, won't sell either, but shoot the 3200. It's a little heavier, but I have just the slightest leetle teensy tendency to jump at targets, and the 3200 forces me to slow down and swing a little smoother. The Broadway is a classic in every sense of the word, but then so is a '55 Ford. And no, I don't want to drive a '55 Ford across the country, thanks anyway.

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I like the superposed the best---hard to beat that look and feel and it will bust them all the way---The resale is probably better also---Go super and you won't go wrong in my opi---George@SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.