1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 updates ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tv-todd, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

how do you tell if updates are done? found one that has a center punch mark between the ou and the serial#.does this mean the updates were done? and finally,if they are not done,what does it cost to have them done? I live about an hour from Laibs in Mn.Thanks for any info,Todd.

2. cortopar

cortopar Member

Look for two allen head screws on the lower breech face. If they are present, the updates have been done. Or use the search function, as this question is asked and answered almost weekly.

-Bob

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

one note, if the receiver has the "dot", DO NOT automatically assume that the updates are done. It takes 2 seconds to take a hammer and center punch (or less if you have an automatic center punch) to create a "dot" to artificially increase the value of your gun.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Todd, cortopar's got it - the sure way to know if the main updates were done is the allen head screws on the lower breech face. If they are there, you're good to go. Being just an hour from Laib's facility would be a major plus if you ever have issues with your 3200 and he'd be the one to contact about any costs of work.....Bob Dodd

5. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

The breech plate isn't the only update that may be needed on a 3200. The metal armature inside the forend stock tends to bend with age, causing the stock to pull away from the metal and crack. Laib's can weld an extra piece of steel in there to strengthen it. Also, the factory firing pin bushings tend to wear out-of-round, causing the firing pins to not retract. Laib's can fix that too.

I've had all three "fixes" done to my 3200 Competition and it's been fine ever since. Now if I could only fix the wood that you put on the wood.

6. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

Oh a 3200! Oh the best OU ever made! Oh so pretty! Don't get sucked into that mis guided thinking. Unless you have cash to spare and don't give a sh-t if it breakdown during league or competition steer clear of a 3200. Look at this website. No gun brings up most issues of problems then a 3200. Something else to consider. You buy it don't count on POI between barrels to be same. Barrel hangers. Oh so many inherit design problems to contend with and throw money at. You buy the gun at a great price now the upgrades and routine repairs. By the time you monkey dick around with one you could of bought one of the many far better guns out there and have better scores. Speaking from experience. I share this freely: In my eyes 3200 is nothing but junk.

7. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

1max1molly you are an ignorant troll - your ilk has appeared in 3200 threads bashing them before and that's all you seem to do.

The 3200 is a great gun especially for the price. Did you ever consider that the reason there is so much about them on here, is because there are so freaking many 3200 shooters out there? There are thousands of 3200's out there. And what kind of crap is that about POI between barrels being the same - no gun I know has top/bottom POI the same, not even a Kreighoff (which I have shot). I shoot doubles, and I want a gun thats 100% high for the first shot, 50/50 or 60/40 for the second, which the 3200 is for most. So what are these so-called design problems? I'll kick your butt with a 3200 any day of the week. Name the game buddy - I'll show you "better scores" and I'm speaking from real experience - not your monkey-butt troll garbage.

-D-

8. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

90T3200 you sound upset. There is an old saying when the first person looses his temper in an aguement it's because he is wrong. Sounds like your proving that saying true.

As I said I use to own one. Nothing but problem. When I shoot either barrel I expect sight piture the same. I don't want to mess with hangers. Oh you have to to do this for that. Give me a break. 3200 do not out number the brownings and berettas out there shooting. 90T3200 I would lobby everyone to quit posting thread of the many 3200 problems so one can not conclude what I have said. A problem prone gun or as I said "junk".

9. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

1max1molly,

You're a poor judge of character - I'm not upset, rather just a little adamant about knocking out the flaws in your charges. And that must not be a very well known "old saying" - most likely, its one you just made up.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about - first you complain that the POI for both barrels is different, yet when I call you on it, you say you "expect sight piture [sic] the same". The sight picture is the same - your sight picture is your view down the rib over those figure 8 beads. Changing the barrel hangers won't change sight picture, it will change POI. If you expect both barrels to shoot the same, you will end up changing the hangers on Perazzi's and Brownings and any other over-under.

I am a satisfied 3200 owner and shooter and there are plenty more of us out there... Everyone I know at my club who owns/has owned one is satisfied and think they are good guns.

I don't expect anyone is actually listening to you and taking your word for it.

-D-

10. RLSS

RLSS TS Member

90T3200

Your are correct, I am not taking his (MaxMolly) word for it, BUT he is right.

3200's are junk, and for that matter so are 90T's

1100's are junk too, IMHO!!

Again, IMHO the only decent trap guns Remington ever made were the 31's and 870's. And the 870 Competitions are junk also. The only good thing about a 3200 is the mechanical trigger, and pretty quick lock time, and yes, I shot one for a season many years ago, between repairs and upgrades of course.

Again just my opinion, but who the hell wants to deal with guns that need ungrades to work properly. I know my opinion may be no better than yours.

Let's face it, if it has tits, tires, or triggers, its eventually going to require maintenance, but my opinion is based the fact that damn few shooters who shoot a lot, and I mean a lot, shoot these guns.

RLSS

11. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

RLSS,

I shoot a 3200 with none of the upgrades done, and it works properly for me. My personal opinion on the fore-end iron bending, is that its the result of carelessly forcing it on the barrels and receiver during assembly. Regarding the receiver firing pin holes dishing, its worth noting that Laib's offers the same upgrade for Perazzi's - just look in Trap & Field for his ad. My firing pin holes are crisp and round, just like when it rolled out of Ilion. I respect your opinion and the way you presented it, but I still fail to see where the 3200 is junk. I've seen a lot of guns break down - Kreighoff's, Perazzi's, Winchesters.. Anything mechanical is going to fail. I'm not denying that there are better guns than the 3200, but I just don't think it qualifies as junk - far from it.

As for calling the 90T junk, that's pure blasphemy - but that deserves another thread...

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

3200s are great. Adjustable POI on lower barrel and an adjustable trigger. Easy to work on if they need a repair. Made to order for doubles. HMB

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Hey MaxMolly, Why don't you tell us about the 3200 you had experience with, what problems you had and what qualifies you as an expert rather than just throwing the unsubstantiated criticism around?

14. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

3200T90, I'll make this more simple for you to understand.

I shoot league with lower IM barrel. Like to practice with a full choke. No can do with my old trusty 3200. POI diffent? Good gun for doubles? Not for me. Sorry I didn't go to rocket science school nor am I world class pro like you. I like most average people don't have the super mental powers and skills to automatically adjust between barrels shooting at 2 differnet points. I had Kolar do some work on it. $$$ that helped. Then forearm cracked wood then forearm iron was bending. A guy at the club had his 3200 break the reciever were safety is. It screwed his and team standing in league. Sent it to Remington. They welded it. Sounds like a quality repair to me. I got rid of that piece of crap. Been shooting better ever since with a gun that spends more time shooting then fixing or worrying about.

Does gun have updates?? Engineered right the first time? Better guns out there for a decent price. 3200 wouldn't make a good boat anchor at it's best. Remington 870 and 1100? Awesome shooters. Oh by the way that is a very old saying with a whole lot of truth.

15. cortopar

cortopar Member

So... you went to a K-80 where POI on both barrels is the same? Not all of them. Nor Perazzi, Kolar, etc. Some guys like the same POI, many don't.

I've personally seen numerous P and K guns break on the line. So, everyone who bought them just has a $10k boat anchor, right?

Guns break. The vast majority of people who take good care of their Remington, Browning, Beretta, Kolar, Ljutic, Perazzi, Krieghoff don't have major ongoing problems.

You didn't like the POI on your bottom barrel, and you couldn't shoot the 3200. So, rather than a simple barrel hanger change to get the bottom POI where you wanted it, you got another gun and trash 3200's now.

OK, now I understand.

16. len loma

len loma TS Member

hairy are your firing pin holes eroding? I put tens of thousands thru my Beretta OU and do not see wear at all. I did a search using "3200". There are a lot of posting about problems and updates.

17. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

to all of the owners of 3200's,I thank you for your input.to you others, I have owned them all.either you get a good one or you dont. They all break.The point is, a 2000.00 gun will break targets just as good as the high buck guns,as long as it shoots where you are looking.I was just asking a maintenance question,witch all guns need. But,nobody answered my guestion. How do you tell if there done?

18. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

Thanks Hairy,Todd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.