1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dkimbler, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

I have a 12 ga. 3200 Skeet. I have shot this gun a lot. Owned for many years.
    Please explain to me about the update. I understand that the forearm and pistol grip will eventually crack??? Mine looks great. I have a low serial # 8647. What do I look for if it has been updated?? Next question is---Do they all crack, or do some never crack? Who does updates? Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks For Your Help

David

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Remington made some changes/improvements after initial release of the 3200. To tell if your gun has these updates, check between the OU and the number in the serial-should have a . there if updated. Also, look at the breech face. If it is the updated model, it will have two hex screws at the bottom of the breech face. These were factory updates to the gun. As far as I know, the factory never corrected the issues with the forearm cracking. Note that not all forearms crack, of course, but many have (mine included, although not until 25 years of use) due to the spring compressions of the ejectors and the thin wood in this area of the forearm. Laibs gunsmithing does update and correct this problem by modifying the forearm and the mechanism somewhat, with reinforcing to prevent cracking. They can also add reinforcement to the buttstock at the receiver, which also is known to crack at times (again, not all guns do this). The Laibs updates are fairly expensive, but probably worth it if the gun sees heavy use. Another way to avoid forearm cracking is to remove the ejector springs and simply use extractors. Without the heavy springs, chances of any forearm cracking are greatly reduced or eliminated.

Jim R

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

David, here is a link to SGW where I did a post on the 3200. I think it will help.

Doug Allison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.