1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Stock Install

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron Dezenzo, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Dezenzo

Ron Dezenzo TS Member

Hello:
    I have removed the stock on my 3200 for an inspection and am now ready to put it back on. The owners manuel clearly says to be careful doing this and to use only a regular screw driver. It also says to use only 5 lb of torque--- any more could impair functioning of the shotgun. It doesn't say how you are to "feel" 5lb of torque. Incidently, the stock bolt is slotted and rounded. Not possible to use a torque wrench. I'am not a gunsmith and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
    Hack-n-Chip(aka Ron Dezenzo-Ohio)

2. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

just bring the bolt up snug then give about a quarter turn maybe less. It has to be tight just not cranked down is all.

Dennis

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Seeing I have all these tools its no big deal but using a large common screwdriver bit in a socket with extension to a torque wrench will make you feel better. After a few times putting that all together I decided a large screwdriver and tightening with one hand only does about the same. I think we all tend to overtighten stock bolts.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you wrap the end of the screw driver blade with masking tape so it just fits in the butt stock hole it will help keep it centered in the slotted screw. HMB

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Be careful that the tang does not touch the stock! Recoil will drive the metal into the wood and chip it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.