1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deereRalph, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

My 3200 would only recock one bbl on doubles today. The foreend irons seem to be snug. Any suggestions as to the problem? Or who to sent it to for repair?
    Thanks in advance.
    Grif

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Call Laib's Gunsmithing. 3200's are their specialty.

Ajax

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Grif.

Essentially there are two update repairs for the 3200. One addresses the pressure/levering/breakage of the top tang, and the other is a fix that keeps the forend wood in proper position on the iron. It has a tendency to rotate off the iron and that causes the non-cocking yo refer to. But Ajax has it right. If you take it to any other gunsmith you will just add another layer of handling as they will ship it to Laibs to get it fixed.

Jack

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

While the problem may be in the forearm iron, as noted already, it could also be a much simpler issue. My 3200 started doing this several years ago (only problem it has ever experienced in over 30 years). Turned out there is a simple plastic piece in the trigger/selector mechanism that broke. So while both hammers were actually cocked, only one barrel would fire and trigger would not set for the second barrel, making it seem like that barrel was not cocked. My gunsmith replaced this plastic piece easily and has worked again ever since. Might be harder today to get the parts, except through Laibs however.

Jim R

5. pjh

pjh Member

have you pulled the stock off? are the springs ok? Laibs is the best bet!

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Link to Laib's web site is above. Bill Malcolm

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I had a bad experience with a gunsmith working from his house in NJ. Cost me $1200 for a $200 repair ?? He sent it out for a complete rebuild which was done before I bought it ?? Plus he refused to tell me which Remington repair shop did the work so I had no warranty.Took a total of 1 year to get the gun back. Completely ruined my release that worked flawless for 10 years. He is now working at a Sporting Center. Now it`s in another smiths shop for a broken part for over 6 months and still not completed. Have to wait another 2-3 weeks before it may be done and then the release will be disabled which never worked right so I have to send it out to Spears now which I should have done from the beginning. Laibs then Spears and I would have had it all done well before Xmas, now we are well into another shooting year. I`ll have more to report when I get it back. !!!

8. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

The 3200 is a great gun. As others have already mentioned, Laib's Gunsmithing is pretty much the recognized experts on 3200's. After many thousands of rounds, my 3200 is nearly a new gun after Laib's finished with it. My gun also needed their bushing system repair for damage to the firing pin holes. Quality of work, turn around time and customer service were excellent.

Now, if only I could somehow master those doubles.

9. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

I don't know Mr. Laib, sure he's a darn fine gunsmith. I know he bought up all the 3200 parts, but somehow my gunsmith in North Canton, Ohio has a fair amount of them and knows how to install them as well. Folks, the 3200 is well built shotgun and there's alot of them being used all across the country. My only point is that there are alot of competent gunsmiths out there and the 3200 is not a complicated machine like the guts of a Kriegoff. A statement like Pat Laib only...end of story is simply not the case. Anyway, Barthells Gunsmithing in North Canton, Ohio can fix your gun w/out shipping it to MN. Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
laib gunsmithing

laibs gunsmith

laibs gunsmithing

liabs gunsmith
pat laib gunsmithing
remington 3200 gunsmiths

remington 3200 pat liabs

remington 3200 repair