1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 remington how to identify factory updates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

There should be a dot in serial no. also look at firing pins should be two allen heads looking back at you toward the bottom of face.

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

What Bill G. said. But you also need to ensure the forearm received the necessary attention. Because of the "force" of the ejectors operating when the action is opened, stress is placed on the forearm. The "metal" in the forearm is a stamped piece. If the forearm area isn't reinforced there is a likelihood the forearm (wood) will crack. I don't have a picture of my One of One Thousand forearm but suffice to say if I did it would show the 1/2" square piece that cracked off of the forearm. As an aside, some folks have commented they have disconnected the ejector springs ( or weakened them ) and this has solved or prevented the forearm crack(ing) problem.

There has been much written about this in past threads - Pat Laib is the go to guy for this and other 3200 repairs/maintenance. I can't point you to the past links on here - perhaps someone else can.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

copperjohn has the straight scoop. If you can live without ejectors, shells will still be extracted, you will likely never need additional work on the forearm. I did that with several guns without issues and also painted on an epoxy-like material to the interior wood surfaces; just a light brushing of Verethane or like stuff.....breakemall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 barrel markings

remington 3200 factory udate markings

remington 3200 factory updates