1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 rem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I'm looking for a doubles gun.Lot of people tell me to get a 3200. What should i look for do they have any problems.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I shoot one, they can have problems and parts are getting scarce and fairly expensive,{Laibs has many parts.} They can be a bit heavy for some, others like the wieght.
    Some guys love them and you'll see many at any large shoot.
    I have shot some good scores with mine but It's time to move on. I'm thinking P or K gun.

I geuss It depends on how much you shoot and what your willing to invest into the game.

3. pw1

pw1 TS Member

Nailer123, I almost bought a 3200 a couple of weeks ago but something told me to hold off. Then I heard that the local gun smith that can fix about anything worn't take them because of the parts being hard to get and expensive. If they have the updates done it will have a punch mark in the serial # but anyone can put the punch mark on there so I decided to stay away from it, even though I love the guns.
    I'd suggest going with the Browning. Fair price and will last forever.
    Good luck with your decision.
    Paul
    Oklahoma

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'd suggest you ask Bob Dodd for his opinion. He has considerable experience with 3200s and many other guns as well. His is a regular poster here.

FYI, the punch mark is NOT the conclusive evidence a gun has had the receiver upgrade. The existance of two set screws at the base of the receiver wall is.

Browning's are certainly great guns as well. It all depends on what you want. The Rem 3200s are great guns, parts are avail and there are many who do continue to work on them.

Guy Babin

5. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

Big problem, as they get some use, is the closing slide. It wears out, and gun pops open after you shoot top barrell. I loved mine, but had to get rid of it, the slide can be fixed, but I could not get the part in time for the state shoot. Inspect the slide, and look for excessive wear, and clearance where it slides to close. Mine was a competition, with the updates. It was a bit whippy, but even with my back problems, doubles were actually fun. I traded it for a 682 beretta, it is heavier, but feels better- I love the palm swell. I am shooting the Beretta as good as the 3200. Parts are still around for the Beretta, and price is compareable.

6. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

No more of a problem than any older gun. Look at the K32, still going after many years. The 3200 will still be here when I am gone.

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.