1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duckhunter331, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

My dad has a Remington 3200 Competition that has been shot alot. He would like to get the updates done and the ejecters fixed. Where is the best place for him to get this done and how much would it cost. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Travis

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Travis There is only one place to send a Rem 3200 Laib,s Gunsmithing . The guy is the 3200 man Pat Laib Spicer,MN . He has all the parts

Phone is 320-796-2686 e-mail pllaib@clearwire.net

ALF

3. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Alf-99 is right. I have 4 3200's. Three had factory update's one did not. I sent it to Laib's cost was $825. Wayne

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The updates are....

1-the receiver

2-Forend iron

3-Firing pin holes (this may not be needed now, but it would be wise to have it done)

4- Having the forend latch area of the forend wood re-inforced. It's highly likely that after all these years, the hole for the latch is starting to break down from getting beat on. This will prevent the wood from craking at a later date.

Doug

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Travis, if the gun has really been "shot a lot" it's possible the initial or more updates have been done. Be sure by looking at the breech face where the firing pin holes appear; check and see if there are two allen head bolts, one on each lower corner of that breech face. If they are there and if there is a dot between the serial number and "O/U", the receiver updates have been previously done. A thorough look-at by Pat Laib is still a very good idea. My fix for easing stress in the area of the forearm iron/ejector hammers is to disable the ejector hammers. The gun will still extract shells just not toss them over your shoulder and it prevents a good deal of stress in that area. Pat can do it all....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.