1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DocJim, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

Can anyone give me detailed instructions as to how to remove the ejection rods and hammers on a 3200? Or is this a gunsmith's job?

Thanks!
    Jim

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Doc, it's been a very long time since I've disabled 3200 ejector hammers and I had a reasonable memory at that time. However, first off, the hammers are in the forearm iron. It seems to me, I removed the forearm iron, cocked the hammers, pinched the end of the rod in each hammer spring (one at a time) with needle nose pliers and then tripped the sear on that hammer so that the spring and rod became disengaged. I put the parts in a place where I wouldn't forget them (ha) and moved to hammer #2 to repeat.

The cocking rods are housed in the receiver and forward, one on each side near the bottom. I'm "told" the rods can be wrangled out pretty easily but I've never done it. Once done, I'd still trip the ejector hammer sears to take off any tension applied to the parts in the forearm. If it is in fact the easier fix and If you've reached the age of all thumbs and just escaped from the cuckoo's nest like me, you may want to have a skilled smith show you how to remove and re-install the parts....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.