1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rdland, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdland

rdland TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a chance to purchase a mint Remington 3200. It has been a safe queen for years. It has a high serial number above 31000, it has one pin in the back of the receiver and the Allen screws at the base of the receiver face. There are not any cracks or dings in the wood and the bluing is 99%.

It has 32" barrels F/IM and Monte Carlo (unaltered stock). The seller is advertising this as a Trap model but it does NOT have Trap or Special Trap stamped anywhere on the gun. Could this still be a Trap model or is it a field gun. Although pristine, the wood is very plain. I know there are those that hate 3200's. I am not interested in negative opinions about the gun. I have other Trap guns. However, I would like to know from knowlegeable 3200 shooters if this is indeed a Trap model.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Are there two beads on the barrel rib? If the answer is yes I would say it is a trap gun. HMB

3. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Did the 3200 come from the factory with 32" barrels? I've never seen one

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

The 3200 trap guns could be purchased with 30 or 32 inch barrels with either imp/mod and full, or full and full chokes.

They could also be purchased with two types of trap stocks. With or without the monte carlo.

All the factory trap models did have a step ribbed barrel and the field models had the rib without the step. I have a first year trap without the monte carlo and it was not marked "Trap". I purchased it brand new from the jobber. If the one you are looking at has the one pin large pin at the back instead of two, then it came with the updated action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.