1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Problems Again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chuck Ledford, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck Ledford

Chuck Ledford TS Member

I would suggest you contact Laib's ref. the failure. I have found them to be very reputable, fast to respond, and stand behind their repairs. If they have changed, I would like to know.

THe 3200 is a real "bear" as far as assembly and disassembly. It sounds as if you have a cocking rod issue.

Good luck....let me know the outcome.

Chuck

2. pjh

pjh Member

Joe
    When you say it wont cock back the fire pins do you mean that they are stuck hangging out the fire pin holes and this will not allow you to open the gun? or is it not cocking the hammers?
    Peter

3. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

The biggest mistake is shooting skeet.

4. okieshootist

okieshootist Member

If your problem is that the trigger seems to have disconnected. Try removing the stock and blowing out the action with compressed air. All it takes is some crud to get under the trigger and it won't function. This happened to my 3200 a few years back and after being blown out hasn't happened again. Okieshootist (David H)

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Pull the stock off and take a peek. Dry fire the gun and open it slowly and watch the hammers. If the ejectors trip, the hammers should be cocked.

I've seen cock bar worn down to the point that the hammers will barely cock. If your son is small in stature, he may not be opening it with enough authority, as you or I would.

If you have the ejectors disabled, there's no _tell-tale" sound to let you know you've opened the gun far enough to cock the hammers. It's possible he could be coming up short of it fully opening.

By watching the action work, while the stock is off, things should pretty well self explainatory.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.