1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron Dezenzo, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Dezenzo

Ron Dezenzo TS Member

Hello:
    This question is for knowledgeable Rem.3200 people out there. I shot mine today without any known problem and used both barrels. I broke it down tonight for a general clean up and noticed the top fireing pin protruding out about as far as it can and bent sleightly up. The bottom pin protudeds only very little and does not appear damaged. I know about Laibs but before I send, it I would like to know whats going on and what caused it. I bought this gun in Aug. 2006 with less than 500 rounds thru it and since then I may have put 2000 thru it.
    Thanks and be assured I appreciate your help.

Hack-n-Chip(aka Ron Dezenzo-Ohio)

2. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

The face is very soft and the pin is very hard. It is wedged. Tap it with somthing soft and it will retract. The only true fix for any of our guns is to have Laibe replace the face with a hardened face.

Take care,

Jim

sbcoachjim@aol.com

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jim is correct. I would have Pat Laib do his "fix" on the receiver. It is not cheap but will solve any current or future problems in this area. Ed

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Ron, All good advice above.

I recently had the same problem with my Competition. Liab's machines a vertical V-shaped groove through the center of the receiver. They then press in a hardened steel insert. The workmanship is superb (I'm very picky). While my gun was there I also had them upgrade the forearm.

The steel insert work costs appx 350 bucks.. the forearm appx 150. They'll probably suggest replacement of the firing pins. In total I spent less than 700 bucks. I believe this is very reasonable and will render your gun better than new. Turn around was appx 4 weeks.

Guy

PS: If you like you're Rem, please don't listen those 3200 bashers out there who will most likely provide a plethora of unsolicited criticism.

5. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Frist is the gun cocked with the hammer in the frie positions or are thay uncocked if thay are uncocked then the pins stick out a little bit and if you push on them thay will move in and out also if tang is in the close positions the pins stick out if you push the tang to the open positions the firing pins will withdraw into the reciver the cocking lever controls the movement of the pins and the top pin looks like it's bent as of the angle it come into the reciver.

6. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

I suggest you save your shipping carton. More problems to come after you fix this one. Oh now the nasty threads will come.

7. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

I have a 4 digit SN that was updated by Laib's. I did have the receiver worked on by Roman for a Release trigger. Since than I have used it as a doubles gun and my back up Skeet gun. I have not had any problems with the gun.

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.