1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 model check

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I went to Remington's website. I saw they made 4 models and a bunch of vartiations:

Field Grade
    Skeet Grade
    Trap Grade
    Special Trap Grade

Is there any identification markers? I see nothing engraved on the receiver that would suggest anything.

How about the rib? Did the field grade have a very low rib and the trap a high rib?

I am tyring to figure the damned thing out and am getting no where on my own?

Looking for help from the 3200 gurus!!

Thanks!!

2. pjh

pjh Member

well... some of the guns said 1 of 1000 or Competition on the side of the receiver. Some had a single dog and some had a dog with an engraved border. some barrels had TRAP or Special Trap on them. It may be better to describe what you have and we can tell you more. pjh

3. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

There is also a pigeon grade, I think. At least, my father owns a 3200 with a pigeon on the bottom of the receiver.

todd

4. 333t

333t Member

Trap models all have a higher step-rib. Skeet and field are lower flat rib. Standard Trap does not say trap anywhere on the gun but the step-rib identifies it. Trap models will have straight or monte carlo (near parallel comb) stocks. Special Trap says that on the barrel and wood is a little fancier. I can't tell you much more about the field and skeet grades.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.