1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GJB02, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GJB02

GJB02 Member

I’m new to Trapshooters but not to trapshooting. I have been shooting since the mid seventies, mostly at the club level. I used an 870TB early on and more recently an SX1. I recently bought a 3200 for doubles. The gun performed flawlessly the first time out. I took the barrels off the clean the gun and then reassembled it. Now the barrel selector is stuck on the top barrel and won’t move. Is this something I might have done when I reassembled it? I don’t have a manual for the gun.
    Thanks, GJB

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

These selectors do break sometimes. The linkages are relatively delicate. You can take the stock off the receiver and see what's going on.

Be careful not to over tighten the stock bolt when putting it back on.
    Search 3200 here and you will find a ton of info.

I will also send you a copy of the 3200 Field Service Manual if you send me an email to:

Guy Babin

3. GJB02

GJB02 Member

Guy'

PM sent.

I was wondering if it might have been something I did when I reassembled the gun.
    Thanks

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

nope....

PM sent back....

5. GJB02

GJB02 Member

Went to a friends house who is a gunsmith. Took the stock off and was able to move the selector. It was gummed up with hard grease. Every now and then it would hangup. When we looked further, the small threaded block that slides in a groove was broken at the threaded joint. Only the grease was holding it together. It looked like it would get off center in the groove and hang up.
    We called Laibs and left a message to try and get the part.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.