1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Help File

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by k3uro, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Has anyone started a self help file for 3200 shooters?

Take care,

Jim

2. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

I think you posting says it all. If people didn't post about all the problems they have with 3200s this website would be 25% smaller. Any one new in shooting stay away from them. The cons far out weight the pros. Junk in my eyes.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well now I don't know about that. I like them and they are a fine shotgun. You just need to get one with the updates done. I would not say that there are any more problems with them than with any other shotgun. John

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Too bad maxmolly had a bad experience with the 3200. I'm with bcnu on this one. The 3200s are used by a lot of shooters with no major problems.

5. melie

melie Guest

I have one without the updates and it shoots just fine.
    I've shot a lot of 25's with that gun!

take care,
    Mark

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jim,

I've looked far and wide for just the kind of info you are looking for and haven't been able to find it. There are many bits and pieces scattered about, which are valuable info, but nothing compiled like you can find for 870s & 1100s.

It would be cool to compile info on the 3200 in a centralized location. Despite what some say, it would be popular with many of us.

Guy,

Proud 3200 owner

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

+1 vote

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I think a search on the 3200 would bring up quite a few threads full of information. As far as them being junk, I'll also beg to differ; for the money - price range, they are terrific guns. In my neck of the woods, it's a rare moment to see a doubles squad without at least one Rem. 3200 on it.....Bob Dodd

9. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

I shoot a 32" 3200 Competition model and am perfectly happy with it. BUT, it is not out-of-the-box stock. There are several updates that should be done to any 3200 if you're going to shoot it regularly: 1. If it's not a later model you'll need the fix to add a hardened plate to the receiver where the shells seat. The factory seat is too soft and cups with age. 2. The metal armature in the forend will need reinforced. They weaken and bend with age, causing the forend wood to slip forward and crack. 3. The factory firing pin bushings are made of soft steel and will need replaced. The factory bushings wear out-of-round causing the pins to hang up and not retract. My upgrades, along with spring replacements, stock repairs, etc. were all done by Laib's, and the gun is performing flawlessly. And, the repairs were cheap in comparison to the price of a new $8000 Ljutic or Kreighoff. And, there's that great feeling you get when it beats the guy with the $15,000 Silver Seitz by 3 birds.

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

I have two that I love. Bernie

11. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

I have 5 of the beast and one being built. They are what they are. I wish I had seen one on the 70s when they were new. I paid a $1000 for a 101, never heard of a 3200 heard of the 1100 so I bought that instead.

Take care now,

Jim

12. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have two of these great guns. One is a combo, 30" standard O/U with IM/F and a 32" Stan Baker .780 bore top single with Briley 16ml choke tubes. The other is a Comp. grade 30" simmons unsingle. Love the gun just can't get the hang of the unsingle. The Baker is a dream to shoot.

Cheers

13. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I also disagree with Jim. I own a 3200 comp grade with all the upgrades by Liabs, I still have to keep the gun in shape to shoot it, as anyone does. Jim, I was told by a top shooter 2 years ago when my new 391 kept breaking down to buy a 3200, he and guys like Mr Dodd told me what to look for. The first one I bought belonged to Enos Handy so I got lucky. You evidently didnt. As with any gun your gonna buy,or anything else for that matter, if you don't do some homework you have a chance of making a bad choice. What problems that do come are usually minor and As BDODD said you can't go to a shoot without seeing a doubles squad without one, and I would bet at our club there are 10 or more. We 3200 shooters belong to a cult almost.As far as break downs go? I find it interesting that if you buy a "P" gun? they COME with spare parts. And the "K" gun K32 and K80 are off shoots of the original Remington 32 that "K" bought the rights to. This gun has a pedigree!

Dennis

14. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Other than routine maintenance and breaking a cocking rod cam last year, I have had no more trouble than with my Citori.

I would like to know more about the timeing of the cocking rods and the firing pin dragging issue.

But, I will just keep on shooting mine.

Take care,

Jim

15. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jim, If you provide an Email addr I have a remington 3200 Field Service Manual that does provide some useful info that I'd be happy to forward to you.

Guy

16. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

maybe you guys can give me some points. I'm probably going to a gun auction this weekend, and one of the guns up for auction is a 3200 skeet gun. I know how to check for receiver updates (2 allen screws in the breech face), but don't know how to check for the forend update. Anything else I should check for on this gun? I probably won't bid unless I can get a good price on it, but just want to know all i can so i don't end up with something thats worth less than I paid for it.

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I paid $900 for my mint 3200, That leaves alot of money for repairs when you compare to the price of a P or a K-gun.

18. mclink

mclink TS Member

can anyone give me the phone number and address for Pat Laib? i'm going to minn in july and would like to take my 3200 in to him. thanks, maynard

19. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

say what you want about the 3200s...they shoot! Used to have 3 of them-dont shoot them anymore. Had more 100s by far in any season with them. Have had and still have P guns...like them alot, but sometimes think would have been better off just to stick to the "club".

20. gdyll

gdyll TS Member

I have 7 3200 and shoot a 1-1000 for doubles.A fine gun after all the updates are done by Laibs.I also had the barrels done by Karry Aller in Michigan.My scores have improved a great deal.A great gun to own.
    George Dyll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.