1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 firing pin / trigger work.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cueguy2, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Got an old 3200 that misfires from time to time. Sometimes the pin just touches the primer and sometimes not at all. I know of several I can ship it to, but does anyone know of someone within a mornings drive of Lexington, KY?
    Or does anyone know if a gunsmith will be at the Ohio state shoot that can fix it? Nubs Wagner.

2. bgf

bgf Active Member

cue...

THE guru on 3200 triggers is Gary Roman in Louisville, KY. I don't know how close that is to you but he is the main man. Phone is 502.491.5335.

Bernie

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take the butt stock off and soak the action in a can of kerosene over night. Shake the action a few times while in the kerosene. Put it back together and give it a try. HMB

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nubs, Any chance your firing pin hole isn't closing down and restricting the pin from full motion? had this problem with my 3200. had Pat fix it.

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

A good cleaning may work. I shot in a very dry dusty windy place and the next day my 3200 would malfunction. Took it a part and flished it wih WD40 and it worked again. Then I had to enlargen the firing pin holes to keep it working and then sent it to Laib's for them to do their firing pin update. Works great now.

CHEERS

6. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

At the last Grand in Vandalia, I took this gun to the Remington people and they cleaned and inspected it and said it was in great condition. I have not shot it much since. Roman is the name I got from Larry Woosley last Sunday, but could not find his number anyplace. I will call him tomorrow. This gun is beat to death, looks like hell, but points like a dream for me. Better than the 682 Gold E I bought last year. Thanks to all, Nubs Wagner.

7. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

At the last Grand in Vandalia, I took this gun to the Remington people and they cleaned and inspected it and said it was in great condition. I have not shot it much since. Roman is the name I got from Larry Woosley last Sunday, but could not find his number anyplace. I will call him tomorrow. This gun is beat to death, looks like hell, but points like a dream for me. Better than the 682 Gold E I bought last year. Thanks to all, Nubs Wagner.

8. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

My 3200 was doing that, mostly with .410's, Laib worked his magic and it hasn't missed a beat since.

9. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

When I lived in WI, I used Laibs with great results. This time, I wanted to get the gun fixed and back without shipping. I talked to Gary Roman and will be taking the gun up there next week. Thanks to all, looks like I had a flinch on my one response. Hate that...........Nubs Wagner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.