1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 ejectors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrickyTom, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrickyTom

TrickyTom TS Member

Have a nice 3200 that I would like to shoot occasionally, no updates. How do I dissengage the ejectors to extract only? Thanks

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remove the fore end. Remove the fore end iron from the wood. Uncock the ejector hammers and remove the ejector hammer springs. Shorten the springs or replace the original springs with weaker springs. Reassemble unit. HMB

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I replaced my springs with 1911 firing pin springs.Bought at Brownells. Very soft and easy to close. Lifts ejectors nicely to remove hulls.

4. TrickyTom

TrickyTom TS Member

How do you remove the forearm iron?

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

remove the forearm,Inside you'll see a small screw up front that you can remove. Then there is a small nut with a slot in it, You'll have to modify an old screwdriver to fit in the slot (screw is in the center)remove nut, Now you can remove the wood. Not difficult just take your time.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I did this fix to several 3200s in the other century and I removed the spring assemblies and just left the gun that way. It still extracts perfectly without the springs....Bob Dodd

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Bob Dodd has it right and I don't think you have to remove the nut with a slotted screw in it. It is for adjusting the fit of the forend metal to the receiver.

8. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

As Bob says, simply removing the spring assemblies will alllow the ejectors to act as pure extractors. No springs/rods necessary. But you do have to unscrew the slotted screw to remove the assembly from the wood, as this screw holds the rear part of internal plate to the outside (bottom) plate, as well as being used to adjust the fit.

Jim R.

9. TrickyTom

TrickyTom TS Member

Thanks alot guys. I got them out this evening, no problem thanks to you guys!
    Will try it out this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.