1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Ejector Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

I just picked up a new to me 3200 from a great guy from this site named Bif. The gun is mechanically in terrific condition with all of the updates done and no cracks in the wood. I really would like to do my best to keep it that way so I have an ejector question. I have read about people removing the ejector springs to keep the forearm wood from cracking. My question is does this really help, and if so do you remove the springs all together or put in some lighter powered springs? I remember putting a 1911 firing pin spring in my BT-99 to make it just extract and was wondering if there was something similar with the 3200? I would be happy if it just lifted the spent shells since I reload anyway.

Thanks for your help!

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Removing the springs will most likely prevent any cracking or other forearm problems with your 3200. Removed mine, and have had no cracking issues since (did have a slight crack with the ejectors functional. It did take 25 years to occur, though) which I had professionally repaired, thus the ejector disablement). It still extracts, lifting the shell just enough out of the chamber that I can get my fingers around the shell rim to pull it out. Since I reload, I like to just extract the shells, rather than have an ejector pop them out.

3. jfesi

jfesi Member

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have removed the factory springs and replaced with the 1911 firing pin springs. Works very well.

5. jfesi

jfesi Member

Thanks for the responses. Do I need to remove anything else if I am just going to remove the springs?

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.