1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 Barrel Regulation/POI?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jimrich60, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Perhaps one of the many contributors might shed some light for me. I have a Remington 3200 where the POI of the barrels is just different enough to give me some concern. The upper barrel prints to point of aim perfectly when patterned at 20 yards, giving nice dense patterns within a 20 inch circle. The lower barrel also gives a nice, even dense pattern at that range, but the center of the POI is about 2 inches left and 3 inches low. I should mention that Briley installed their thin-wall choke system for me, and using various chokes, I get the same patterning from Imp Mod, to Skeet for each barrel. What is needed, if it is even possible, to regulate the barrels to the same POI, or must this go to a top notch smith? Thanks for any info.

Jim R

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I'd contact Briley, they should be able to correct your problem with their choke tubes. If the gun shot straight prior to the installation of the tubes, they should supply the new chokes for free (IMHO). Bill Malcolm

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

On a 3200 the POI of the lower can be adjusted for elevation by changing the front barrel hanger. HMB

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

hmb noted that the POI of the Remington 3200 can be adjusted by changing the front barrel hanger. Anybody done this, or know just how it is done.? The front hanger appears to be soldered to the lower barrel, with an upper section dovetailed to the lower, cupping the upper barrel. Cannot tell if it is soldered to the upper barrel, but the two hanger pieces appear locked together by a small roll pin. To change the hanger (and presumably substitute a shorter upper piece) is it just necessary to remove the roll pin? Any other steps necessary? Or are all these pieces soldered, requiring the services of a barrel smith? Thanks for any help

Jim R

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim, You need to remove the roll pin. Then take a wooden dowel and drive the Lower hanger off the barrel. There should be a number stamped on the hanger. The numbers correspond to the POI for the bottom barrel. Sorry I don't know what the numbers represent. Someone on here will know..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.