1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3200 32" value vs. 32" Browning XT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Found a 32" Remington in good(+) condition: low serial # (4 digit) but receiver update has been done (not sure how to check for forend update); bluing is 99% (not reblued); small crack in forend; asking price $1,000. Is this a buy or do I opt for a used XT in 98% condition with after market adjustable comb for about $400 more? My concern with the 3200 is any service will have to send it to Minnesota. Expert thoughts appreciated. Best Regards, Ed

2. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

3200 32

$1K for a 32" 3200 is a great price. $1.4K for an XT is a bargain. I do no think you could go wrong with either - 3200's have the option of other barrels. Parts for 3200's are pretty easy to come by - XT's maybe not so much yet. The 3200 is basically a Kreighoff K-32 with fewer moving parts - so with updates it should last a lifetime. XT is all but indestructable - trigger is kind of creepy.....

Let us know which one you select as I'm sure at those prices others will be interested in the one you don't.

Joe

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

3200 32

I have both but almost always grab the 3200. I do believe the Remington will hold it's value better, at least so far it has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.