1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32" vs. 34"Trap Top Single Advantages/Disadvantage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cyrus, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Need some info. For a smaller person who has a relative short LOP (13") Are there any comments if a 32" Top Single Barrel would have Any Advantages/Diadvantages over a traditional 34". Note, currently shoot a 34"T/S and gun has a Rad System installed. As always, your input is greatly appreciated. BTW Gun is used for 16yds. and Caps. Thanks Cyrus.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

That clay bird you break doesn't know nor care whether you use 32 or a 34 inch barrel.

Like I said in a previous thread, a 30 inch Model 12 took me to the 27 yard line along with a bunch of other trap shooters before the 34 inch barrel became popular.

The 30 might be a tad easier to swing, but that would be a matter of preference to my way of thinking.

Shoot what you have and enjoy the sport.

Hauxfan!

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

For a small stature shooter a 32" should be fine. 34" just gives a longer sighting plane. Shoot what's comfortable. No advantage or disadvantage here in my opinion.

Good luck

4. releasebob

releasebob Member

The only advantage I can see is if you shoot a 34" you are 2" closer to the target ;o) BOB

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I doubt that would make any shooting difference. 34" bbls are in greater demand however.

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

A 30" pump or auto are same length as a 34" sbt. Comparisons are absurd! Barrel length is primarily about your physical stature and what you can comfortably handle.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

In your head only! I was convinced 34 was better till I bought a 4e with 32". Could not find one with 34" Barrel. Long story short best average I ever had with that gun and first 100 straight also. :) I shoot a 34" 90t also but the 2" is just a mind game. :)

8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gun fit which equates to comfort is what matters, nothing else other than weight. People who are of small stature normally fatigue sooner than those who are larger framed when lifting heavy objects, so saving an ounce here and an ounce there may make a major difference to some over a days shooting. Weight also becomes more of an issue for small framed people if the weight is to far forward which is often the case with pumps and autos.

Depending on shooting style, some shooters may find a shorter barrel works best for them or a longer barrel also may be best.

There is a point of no return in terms of barrel length for some as exampled by 35" barreled guns. Many shooters rushed to these longer barrels when they became available only to find they didn't move as well for them as their 34" barrel and their scores suffered, proving an inch does make a difference..........

I started my girlfriend on a cut down BT99 with a 30" barrel, she moved to a 32" TM-1 and then to a 34" TMX and now shoots a 34"/30" Beretta combo. Her lop is 13-1/4" PFS She shot all the different lengths the same. The higher rib on the TMX and 682 gave her the most improvement over the flat ribbed guns.

Surfer

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

As usual, great info. I can always depend on the vast experience and knowledge of the individuals who share on the site. I read and consider all info and use it to make my my final decision. Many thanks to all. Any other comments are surely welcome and considered. Cyrus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
30 or 32 inch barrels for trap

32 or 34 inch barrel for trap

32 vs 34 trap barrel

32vs34
34 inch barrel for trap

trap guns 32 vs 34

trap shooting with a 34 inch barrel
whates the benifite of a 32 inch barrel shotgun