1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32" vs. 34" barrel length pros, cons and opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

From the 16 to 23 yard line shooting trap, what are the pros and cons of the 32" vs. the 34" barrel length. Also the 30" to 32" over and under for doubles. Is it just personal preference or are there plus and minuses to the extra 2" barrel length (longer or shorter). Thanks in advance.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Personal preference. I always felt that I could only shoot decent scores with a 34" barrel. I had a Beretta 682 O/U and wanted a single barrel for it. A fellow shooter at my club had a 32" unsingle barrel and allowed me to use it for a couple of weeks. I was skeptical, but thought I'd give it a try. I shot that 32" barrel better than anything that I had ever shot. Needless to say, I bought the barrel.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Let me start off by saying I am far far from anything close to an expert. My experience is not a lot different than esoxhunters however.

Different barrels/guns will have different weights and handling characteristics. In a heavy barrel Browning for example, I might prefer the shorter barrel, with something like a Perazzi the 34 would normally be my choice.

If I were buying something today, I would choose the 34 in most guns. BUT...if a great gun at a great price came along with a 32, I would be all over it. (which I am about to do…whoopie).

Long story short...too use your words.... Is it just personal preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.