1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32 vs 30 for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm a short stocky senior citizen--soon to be a senior vet--just started shooting doubles 6 months ago--my doubles gun has a 32 inch barrel--what kind of difference would a 30 or even a 28" barrel make , besides reducing my checking account balance.

Thanx--Phil Berkowitz

2. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Phil....I think its more about what we become familar with. I shot a 32 for years and sold the gun. Had a 30 inch O/U and was forced to shoot it for what I thought was going to be a short time, or until I could buy back to 32". It took several hundred targets, maybe a 1000, but found the timing and now wonder if I should go back to 32. Shorter barrels do seem to feel quicker, but compared to what. Only to what has been learned.

We store the sight pictures and timing into our subconscious. The feel of the gun, timing, point and follow. I believe we can establish or in this case retrain our human targeting solutions computer to any reasonable choice in barrel length.

Maltzie

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

It's more about the weight and balance than the length.. My 1.37kg 31.5" gets to the target faster than my 1.64kg 29.5" barrels..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

30 or 32 inch for trap doubles