1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32 Or 34 inch Unsingled barrel.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Full Choker 25, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Full Choker 25

Full Choker 25 TS Member

What would be the best length of barrel for a 215 5'11' Person. Have little bit longer length of pull.

Collin

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

34" seems to be the standard, but you can always put a comp n choke tube in it and gain 2". The measure seems to be, how does the gun fit and swing for you. Many guys shoot 30" semi auto way back.

JON

3. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Until a month ago I was shooting a 34" top single. I recently purchased a MX-14 with the 32" Un-Single and to tell you the truth I don't notice a difference between the two. Maybe it's just me.

I do agree most people want the 34" however I now believe that either will work.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It does not make much diff. to me 32 or 34. I went with 34 just for the resale end of it. It seems that most people want 34, but if you shoot better with 32. I would go with 32.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The major difference is that, with the mantra being 34" is better, the resale will likely be better with the longer one. As far as which is better for you, only trying them could tell you. I'm an inch taller and just about the same size (assuming neither of us is fudging) and I often find the 34" barrel hitting the ground as I wrestle with the gear....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I agree with Bob on the resale bit. I'm smaller than both of you and I use a 35" barrel, because it smooths out my swing.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Shoot it before you buy. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.