1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32" or. 34" Barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4N6PE, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

I'm in the process of deciding between a 32" or 34" CG Un-single.I have shot both guns and prefer the 34" for handicap and the 32" for singles.I can definitely feel the heavier tip of the 34" and have no problem with that now, but at age 72, I've got to consider what I'll be able to swing over the next 10 years and hopefully more.

Would appreciate any input, especially from you seniors, who have already confronted this issue.

Ned

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Ned,

The market is calling 34" singles, 32" singles are hard to sell, for reasons I fail to comprehend.

There're absolutely no ballistic advantages for the extra 2", your front bead looks exactly the same 2" further. It's a pain to get it around, in & out the cases and safes, if you are under 5'10, the butt stock will be right under your armpit when you rest the barrel on you toe pad. But it's trendy and it gets you 2" closer to the target. :)

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

As said by Steve W., no real advantage but for resale for the 34 inch tube. I'd love to shoot a 30 or 32 inch full barrel and not lose a bird till it was the fault of the barrels length, even from beyond the 27 yard line?? :)

Hap

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

4N6PE get the 32" inch un-single, if you don't like it I will trade you my 34"inch un-single for it.

The 32inch Bbl shoots hi8gher than the 34"inch Bbl.

I have owned both and shot the 32"inch the best, sorry I sold it.

Bought a 34"inch, hyave been wanting to trade it for a 32"inch.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

In speaking to the CG factory rep, he did recommend the 34" because it develops a more consistent pattern.I found that surprising for a difference of 2", but if true, it would be a significant factor.

Ned

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Doubt there's any truth in his statement.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

"34 because it develops a more consistent pattern." Doesn't say much for their 32" barrels or choke design.

After years of having 34" barrels, I got a 32 just because I like the way it fit and the consistent sight plane I have when I shoulder the gun. As far a weight goes there is only an ounce or two difference. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

32 inch barrel vs 34 inch barrel

32 inch vrs 34inch trap barrel

32 or 34 inch barrel for trap

32in barrell for the 27 yd line

browning bt 99 32 inch barrel vs 34 inch barrel

bt-99 32 vs 34 inch

trap 32 or 34 barrel

trap 32 vs 34 barrel