1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32/30 or 34/32?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RiverSide, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

What is a better combo fitting for a 5'9" height and 185 lbs. or doesn't size and stature matter?

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Your size and weight are not the real issue. You need to try various barrel lengths to see which is more comfortable for you, and which feel better to move/swing. Only you can determine which feels better, and moves more smoothly and positively while moving to the target. By the way, most combos also offer a 34/30 option.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

No one can tell you what will feel and perform better for you, RiverSide. It's strictly a personal thing. Now, if you're talking value, the 34/32 will likely hold it's value better due mostly to the fact that people believe it is the best combination for all. It just ain't so. You've gotta try them and decide for yourself. For example, I'm much larger than you but have never found a 32" barreled O/U that felt better than my 30" model; I even have 28" barrels for that gun for sporting, skeet, and 5 stand. Then I know one feller that shoots 34" O/U gun for sporting birds. Then, while I will never leave my 34" single barrel in another's hands, I regret that the muzzle finds the concrete at my feet often, clunks against door jambs, and even threatens compatriots who wish to walk next to me. You must try the choices your own self - 'nuff said.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.