1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

32' 20g full lenth tube question.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i have a 32' full and full browning trap gun i want to put full lenth tubes in it with chokes so i can play a little, i have been told by briey here in ozz that if i want full lenth tubes fitted i need to have chokes fitted to my gun first!! this seems silly to me and i shour as hell do no what to touch my chokes! can any one tell me if this is fact!

2. twopipe

twopipe Member

you can't get a tube through a full choke. My tubes are 2 " short of the end of the barrel, to clear a Light Mod choke. You should listen to Briley !

3. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

so twopipe are you saying that you have fixed light mod chokeing in your gun and you had the tubes made two inches smaller so the shot can pass through this fixed choke! if this is so im not going to get a set of tubes in this gun am i! jonny d

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thats correct - they have a certain bore diameter that they have to fit it through and that can be changed to a degree but the problem comes in at the muzzle- you can only make the 20 gauge tubes so small- I think they usually say the equiv of mod or light mod-

Whatever they say is the final word

Your other alternative is a set of tubes about 3 inches shorter--maybe 2

You also have another alternative-- you can have them made 6 inches shorter to save weight-- they have found that up to 6 inches and the shot charge wont touch the bore or choke of your gun

I have had a couple of sets made like that

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

32' barrels would be hard the balance and hold up!

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have 30" Briley tubes in a 34" Perazzi OU and they work great.

7. twopipe

twopipe Member

Yes, I was at the SW Grand, and Briley got me 2 sets to try, 28" & 30" The 28's fit snug, the 30's would not go in all the way. I didn't have time to let them ream out my chokes, so I bought the 28 inchers. Never looked back, they work great ! If you put tubes in, your gun will be awful nose heavy, so consider that. Also, how long are chamber-mates ? Only about 10" and apparently they work. You might be OK with 28" tubes in your gun, ask Briley for an opinion. Good Luck, Bruce

8. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Looks like a good place for those Rhino stingers.

http://www.rhinochokes.com/stingers.htm

9. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I agree about the Rhino stingers. Have not tried them but they are a lot cheaper & have heard good things. If you are a serious competitor then go full length. On the length issue,when I first got into tubes 25 yrs ago,some Per. & Krieg. skeet guns had a bell muzzle. They stopped the tubes at 22" for a 28" bbl. Worked fine.

10. Twixter

Twixter Member

Call Kolar: Jeff or John will have the answers for you. 262-554-8800

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I have 4 inch 20 guage tubes for my K-80. Made them on my lathe out of aluminum. 30 inch barrels with screw in chokes work just fine with the tubes. The ultimate "back bored barrel". HMB

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Kolars # is 262-554-0800

13. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I had a set of tubes made that are 26" that I use in my 32 inche gun. They're a little lighter than the full length and pattern as well as full length. Thats your best bet

14. loanman

loanman Active Member

I am facing the same issue right now but Briley told me a different thing. I have a light weight 31" Perazzi barrel that is fix choked MOD/FULL and it has the .738 bore. The full barrel mics at .32 which is techinally a light full. I called Briley today and they told me they thought they would be able to have the full length tubes go all the way to the end.

Now I am wondering why they told me a different thing

15. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

twopipe and others,

thank for all your input i wanted full leanth tubes to take advantage of the chokes in the tubes and i did not what to touch my full and full chokes as i have shot to well with them for a long time, if its a diamiter problem could i go to 28g instead of 20g idont mind in fact i shoot skeet just as well with 28 as 20! its hard for me to get info from briley here in ozz and there agent is not as keen as your guys to do what is not the norm!

16. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Going to 28 guage should solve the problem. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.