1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

31 remington

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cole-mitchell, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

good luck with that, anyone in their right mind will keep their model 31

2. llano bill

llano bill Member

are those old guns even safe to shoot with modern ammo?

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I know the standard response, but what are some of you seeing them selling for?

I have a line on a 31-TC, all original. not re-finished, and about 98% in my opinion.

Danny

4. mod12man

mod12man TS Member

I just recently sold a 31 TC with nice grain wood, though someone had shortened the stock by about an inch. I got 750 for it, but feel it sold too cheap because after I sold it I had quite a few guys at the club asking to buy it.

5. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

in response to earl, treat the model 31 like the model 12 (ammo wise)

6. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Model 31, the "ball bearing" pump, slicker than snot on a doorknob. Yeah, you can make a case that the Win m12 is a better gun, but those old 31s are sweet, and they go on forever. As someone here posted, the biggest problem with the 31 is finding someone who will part with theirs.

7. gold40

gold40 Member

My Remington Model 31 is a field grade 20 gauge with factory IC barrel. Its a nice upland bird gun, but I also shoot a bit of skeet with it. Its older than I am, but it is in better shape, and will probably last longer!

They are indeed very nice shotguns.

8. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

About 3 weeks ago I let my son-in-law shoot my Model 31. It has a fancy stock, grocoil, bent barrel to shoot 100% high and a Money Maker rib. He did very well with it. Since he graduates this month with his Masters in Occupational Therapy I decided to give him that gun for a graduation present. Talking about a happy boy !

And for my son's college graduation I gave him a Model 12 with extra fancy wood, adjustable comb and barrel by Eyster and another Model 12 for sporting clays (28 " w/ Seminole choke tubes)

Personally, I think the Remington 31 is a better gun. But both boys are happy
    and now I have 2 guys that I can shoot with when they are in town. And maybe some day, if I live long enough, I will have grand kids that will shoot trap with me.

It is neat seeing two guys in their early 20's shooting guns that are 2-3 times older than they are.

I hold Model 31's in very high esteem. I saw one on the internet about a month ago that had a maple stock and a Money Maker rib. They were asking about $1100 as I recall. Really nice gun. I did a google search today for it and couldn't find it. It was on a private website of some kind that had about 10-15 guns for sale. Sorry about not being able to help you.

Dan

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

If you do not find one contact me after August 18th as I am at my summer house in Idaho til then. I have a Factory TC 30 inch with a custom Fajen stock with a Etchen grip in the back of the safe.It is getting time to pass on some old model 12 guns also. I love those old guns but it is time to let some one else enjoy them I have more than I need and do not shoot them much anymore.

Buddy Walters

10. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

About two years ago I bought a Rem31TC because I liked the way it felt and shot. I shot it OK but not any better than the 1100 trap that I had been shooting before. This spring I bought a Win. M12 Trap, kind of because the wood was beautiful and the gun was in very good shape. I've always been a Remington lover but this Win. M12 fits very well and my shooting has improved greatly! I went from scoring in the upper teens occasionally but inconsistantly breaking twenty. I now consistantly break 22 or higher, shooting the Win. M12. I think the 31TC has a smoother action and patterns as well or better than the M12 but the M12 fits me much better, hence the higher scores. I'm not interested in selling the Rem31TC and don't think I ever will. Find one to enjoy, for whatever reason.

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

www.gunbroker.com

Remington 31 for sale.

Its not a TC by far. It does appear to be listed as a Trap gun.

Crack in stock and one of those ugly Cutts Compensator expansion chambers.

The receiver looks to be in great condition though.

Could be a project gun.

The guy is looking to get 269.00 as a BUY IT NOW.

Good Luck!! Let us know how you do!

12. al391

al391 TS Member

The last year of the grand at Vandalia I bought a Model 31 at Jacques........What a great gun! I have since bought a Model 12. I have checked the seriel # of the model 31 with Remington, it was bilt in 1932. The Model 12 in 1955............How many have shot this gun before me?.......How many will shoot it after I'm gone and my grand kids inherit these guns..........I like the Model 31 best, it is a very smooth gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 31 for trap shooting
remington 31 skeet

remington 31 skeet grade

trap wood for model 31 remington