1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

308 accelerator rounds

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AAtrap, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have several boxes of Remington 308 accelerator rounds. Anyone have an idea of what these may be worth?

Thanks,

Steve

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mac, I am aware that they are no longer produced because Remington finally yielded to pressure from the government to discontinue their production, but can you tell me where you get your information that it's a federal crime to sell, own, or shoot them? Or were you just trying to be funny?

Thanks,

Steve

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

0   0   0

Thats about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.There are sabots of all types out there.Does one(the Govt.)really think this would stop,or solve any type crime??? I think not.A man could make his own sabots very easily.......just sayin'.

D.P.Reynolds

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Ballistic fingerprinting on bullets fired out of a pistol with polygonal rifling is almost impossible. Glock, Kahr, H&K sell lots of them.

Wayne

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Can anyone confirm the fact that Remington caved on sabots? Centerfire Sabot components are still being sold. I'm thinking Urban legend?

I still have several boxes of .06. I think that they were just too inaccurate and interfered with new rifle sales, myself.

Kip

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

One of my wholesalers lists that round. $34.95 a box.
    Mike Battista

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I also have some .06 rounds. useless because of innacuracy imho. couldn't get a group. Toss 'em or sell 'em cheap. Bill

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

0   0   0

When they were introduced some of us saw the "non-traceable" thing as a possibly interesting point and bought 10 boxes for the 30/06.
    As to accuracy...they were good enough to win the club "Varmint" shoot with ranges running from 50 out to 200 yds out of my Rem. 700 on a bi-pod with a Leupold 10x scope.
    As it turns out..just about ANY .224 bullet loaded up FAST enough is going to be destroyed when it passes through a human skull to the point where tracing the rifling isn't going to be worth much...but that's another story.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Another Fudd myth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

308 accelerator

308 accelerator ammo

308 accelerator ammunition for sale

308 accelerator rounds for sale