1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

303 Stock bolt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DiggerL, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiggerL

DiggerL Member

This questions has probably been asked and answered many times before but..

I want to change out the adj drop shim plate in my 303 but the nut on the stock bolt is tight as a tic and there is not much room for a socket.... Is a special tool required? Also, while in there I figured I'd change out the recoil spring. Same question...is special tool or technique required?

Thanks

Dave Latz

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They make a tool but you can easily make your own. I made a slot with a cutoff wheel in the nut and then welded a flat piece of steel to match the slot on a T - handle. works like a charm. Buy the magnum spring from Cole

3. cleboje

cleboje Member

DL

I have done both operations and they are not that difficult.

I was able to remove the 303 stock nut using a 13mm socket on the end of a six inch extension...it took a little force, but the stock nut came off easily.

Once the stock and the drop spacer was off the gun, I took a thin 2-inch nail and inserted it through the hole near the end of the recoil tube...the nail held the spring in under tension as I unscrewed the end cap off the recoil tube. If the end cap does not want to easily come off, a little heat applied with a propane torch or hair-dryer set on high will usually loosen the factory applied loc-tite from the threads.

Once the end cap was off, I held my palm over the end of the recoil tube and slowly pulled the nail out and the spring pushed out right into my waiting hand.

Install your new spring and reverse the steps to put everything back on and your in business.

Joe

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

the 303 uses a 19 mm socket and the 390/391 i believe use the 13mm socket. also the 303 does NOT have a shim in the stock. only the 390/391 guns

5. DiggerL

DiggerL Member

Thanks Joe, Mr Havana, MortorDoc, got nut off with a 19mm socket.

Motordoc, maybe semantics, but the 303 does indeed have a "spacer" (really a washer) as described in the Beretta instruction manuul for 303s that adjusts stock drop. I just pulled a 60mm and installed a 65mm. Beretta USA provided the part.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.