1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

303 30 c/t bl Wenig curly/burl, sold pending funds

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by hammer-time, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

Sweetening the deal here. Read the last thread. Thinning out the safe. Here is a 303 30" trap bbl, choke tube with approximately 6 - 8 flats of shells through it. Very good trigger job by Seminole Gunworks with the screw to limit excess pull. DeVault bolt release. Used it as my main sporting gun for about 6 months, but ended up going to an O/U and has been my backup since. It hasn't been shot since last year. There are a few minor dings, but they are minor and more than likely only in the finish. There is a small area where the thumb goes over the stock where it was cut a little too thin and the wood has a small bump/crack. It has not gotten worse with time and shouldn't be any problem other than appearance. The stock is a Wenig All American with approximately 14 3/4" LOP. Asking $875 shipped to the lower 48 states as long as your FFL will accept shipment from an individual.
    Thanks for viewing, Gary Hern, St. Louis, MO.

2. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

3. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

4. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

forearm 1

5. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

forearm 2

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Hammer time who painted the stock I sure like it and would like to paint one of mine if you know who did the paint please let me know my e mail is above.
    Buddy

7. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

The stock is not painted. It is Maple burl with a bunch of curl. I don't know of anyone who can paint one to look exactly like wood! It has a blue dye (just like used on high end guitars) on it then finished with an oil based poly mixture. If anyone would want to have a comb cut into it, I have extra dye that I can send with the gun to acheive the same finish and color. If you look at the 391 with the ladies stock on it, that was the same dye.

8. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

0   0   0

Pm sent. KingRanch.

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Thanks for the response I now see how it was done and it is really a eye catching beauty. Thanks,Buddy

10. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

picture of the damage. I used mineral spirits and took the wax off the stock to help with picture taking. This has been like this for 2 years and has not gotten any worse. Pictures were taken at about 8" to clearly show the spot. The receiver would be at the bottom of this picture.

11. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

Another picture of the damage area.

12. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

How about $875 shipped to the lower 48 states as long as your FFL will receive it from an individual?

13. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

This gun is back up for sale. Buyer couldn't come up with the funds.

14. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

What is the drop on the stock at the comb? Thanks,

William

15. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

the drop at the comb is 1 7/16". Drop at toe is 7 1/2"

16. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

I picked up some flush choke tubes for this gun and will include them with the purchase. I have a full, mod, light mod and the tube that has 2 dots in it that I think is an IC. I'll work with the price on it to get it moved, but not a bunch. I know that this stock has an imperfection, but I paid a hefty price for it. If purchased for the full $875, I'll also throw in an aluminum padded hard case that it will be shipped in. Don't recall the brand.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

two dots will give you an IMod

18. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

gun is sold pending funds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.