1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

303 / 1100 Stock Tool?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have the pad off my 303, and it looks like it takes a special tool to loosen and tighten the nut on the receiver bolt. It was the same with an 1100/1187 I had. Does the socket have a name? Can the right size screwdriver get this nut off?

Danny

2. harleyhog

harleyhog TS Member

easy to make but they are called just that "Beretta stock tool" and shotgun sports magazine has them for about $24.00

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

19 mm socket and 3/8 drive ratchet do a great job motordoc

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

harleyhog, how do you make one?

motordoc, the 19mm works on the 390. The nut on the 303 is round on the outside with a slot in it. It looks like a smooth socket with a built-in screwdriver head is required.

Danny

5. JLW

JLW TS Member

Dmarbell-"The nut on the 303 is round on the outside with a slot in it. It looks like a smooth socket with a built-in screwdriver head is required."

I would suggest making a round collar of a slightly smaller OD than the ID of the hole in the stock. Slip it around the shank of the screwdriver so it will center the screwdriver in the hole.

It will look like a dougnut around the screwdriver. Without this and if the hole is deep/dark enough, you could slip out of the slot and break out the side of the stock like I did once.-Jerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.