1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

302 trigger help.... or is it something else?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by windyflat, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windyflat

windyflat Member

This is a shot in the dark but I need your help guys...
    Allright, the other day using rem nitro-27's (all I had handy) from the 16yd line my breaks were nothing but black smoke direct center hits... today using estate 2 3/4 dram I could barely break targets.
    Is it possible I have a ton of creep or slop in my Beretta 302 trigger?
    I normally shoot 3dram winchesters from wally world and smoke most of my targets. But with those estates I was ready to call it a day after the first 25.

Tom

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I doubt it - most likely moving your head off gun but could be anything human

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It was the ammo, use the ammo that smokes the targets. HMB

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

sounds like the feet per second are probably differant-- if its slower , the entire shot string doesnt good thru the rock and grind it--- estate 23/4 dram 1 oz 8's is all we shoot at the 16yd--and we "smokeem"---

5. windyflat

windyflat Member

I'm pretty sure the wally world stuff I normally use is 1200fps, I have no trouble with that ammo. The estates are 1145... I have used estates in the past and not had trouble with them that's why I asked about the trigger. just seemed odd.

Thanks

Tom

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It is the speed of the shell and your reaction time shooting the target, from what you said in your post I would load a shell with 1235 fps either 1 ounce or 1 1/8th oz.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Some of the Wally world field loads are 1350 work very well but over kill for 16 trap 1100-1150 works great try sticking to one brand of shell make it simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.