1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$300k Grand Challenge Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Updates to the $100k Handicap Challenge and the $200k Lewis Challenge have been posted at shootata.com.

The link above is for the details related to the $100k Handicap Challenge.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The link above has the details for the $200k Lewis.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've got the money already spent. That's the easy part. LOL

Actually Earl told me he has it all locked up. He has that Blaser dialed in.

4. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

I wonder if it will be available for 1/2 price jr's and sub jr's

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Sietz373,

This paragraph was in the 2010 Grand program (and I expect it will also be in the 2011 program):

"10) Any Sub-Junior or Junior who enters any Grand American Event by paying one-half (1/2) price for target entry must enter on the same basis in all events, and is ineligible to participate in any purse or option for any event. No one-half (1/2) price entry is allowed after any entry at full price. It is the competitor’s duty and responsibility to make this declaration at the time you are classified, and failure to follow this policy strictly may result in disqualifications."

So, the answer to your question is "No. Sub Juniors and Juniors paying half price cannot participate in the $200k Lewis Option."

6. milton03

milton03 Member

If I am reading the update correctly. The "Martin" money is now going to be split 50/50 between the daily event(s) lewis and the HOA lewis instead of the full $200K going to the HOA. Personally, I intend to play the option and IMHO the Martins can allocate "their" money any way they choose. However, how will this (re)allocation impact the shooter who does not play the $200 option? I'm sure we all know shooters who for a variety of reasons will not be able to and/or who choose not to shoot all of the daily events; which for all practical purposes would be necessary to have any chance in the HOA. Considering the ever declining numbers of those that are playing the money options I would hope that it is not the ATA's decision for these individuals to be ineligible for the daily event(s) lewis. If there is no eligibility restrictions then it begs the question for the average joe; is it worth $100 on the hopes of hitting one of nine payouts?[Yes, I'm aware there is 15 winning scores, but if you think the top six scores will go to anyone below AA/A class, I got a nice bridge here in Brookyln you need to look at]

With the infusion of $100K the change from the 20/20/20/20/20 lewis format to the 60/40-High Gun is also somewhat questionable. Although it is unlikely to have any material impact in the 16yd and doubles events; based on 2010 grand week hdcp payouts a 98 or 97 under the 60/40 format will get you bumpkus!

Should be an interesting Grand. Got a feeling Leo will be serving porterhouse instead of chicken at this years "barbie".

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Milton, I think your worries are about nothing. I don't think the $200 option is replacing the existing Lewis Options, I believe it is in addition.

8. milton03

milton03 Member

870, Thanks. That makes sense. Maybe that's why they lowered the number of shooters from 2000 to 500 in the updated example.

9. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Thank you Martins for the $200,000 added money..Now I'm thinking that the $200 dollars that we are asked to pay is in violation of the ATA rule, that says that there shall be no compulsory purses allowed at ATA events...

10. Two Dogs

Roger, please explain how this is not compulsory, when I shoot at other big shoots that have large amounts of added money, I'm not asked to pay any amount of money up front...

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

If it were "compulsory" then it would be part of your entry fee and you'd either pay it or not be able to shoot in the event. The $200k is "added" in to the option pot. It's not "added money" in the traditional sense of the term.

12. grntitan

Its not a required fee in order to shoot this event or events. Its an option i.e. Lewis Purse and the other options.

13. grntitan

V10--You beat me to it. Quick draw

14. Two Dogs

I have never shot an ATA event that had added money, and was asked to pay a purse, or any up-front money.Even If I don't play any purses, I'm still allowed to win the added money...

15. grntitan

But you can't win the Lewis money without playing Lewis Option. Its added money to the Lewis Purse Option.

It's called the $200K Lewis

16. Two Dogs

Ok, but I don't play the lewis money, so at this shoot I have to if I want to win some of the added money..

Added money is either given to the club by a generous person, or persons, or by the club to do one thing, and that is to try and bring in more participants to their shoot..No other shoot in North America do you have to pay extra to win added money..

17. grntitan

I have to throw in the towel..........

[​IMG]

18. Two Dogs

I'm not trying to be a hard ass about all this, it's just either I'm not getting it, or It's not being explained to me right..

19. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

It's not added money in that sense of the term Two Dogs. It's being put into the Lewis pot, so if you want to win it you have to play the Lewis.

20. Two Dogs

Thanks guys, I get it now...Don't fully agree with it, but that's my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.