1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$300 NRA Life Memberships

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 3220, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3220

3220 Member

Hi All,

With what is going on I wanted to upgrade my annual NRA membership to a life membership taking advantage of the $300 offer. I called the number posted on this forum and paid my $300. I noticed that when I logged into member services on the NRA site I had been in fact upgraded to life. This weekend they changed it to an annual membership until the year 2033. Has anyone else had that experience? I will call Monday and see what is up. I was just wondering if anyone else here experienced this.

Fred

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Maybe they expect you to be around for only another 20 years?

Keller

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Probably saw your scores and figured you'd quit before then? LOL

4. 3220

3220 Member

Truth is that if it was based on my scores they wouldn't have given me that long. The only way to get better is to keep trying though. God willing I will be in even after 2033! I just hope I can still own a shotgun and don't have to throw stones at the clay pigeons!

Take it easy,

Fred

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I seemed to recall there was a requirement of having a sponsor who was an existing Life Member... but irregardless - 20 annual memberships ($500 cost value) does not make a $300 Life Membership...

Jay

6. 3220

3220 Member

Thanks Jay,

Hopefully I will be able to get it sorted this week.

Fred

7. SBray

SBray Active Member

Folks,

I just spoke a lady in the Membership services of NRA. She said it takes 6-8 weeks for the records to be updated. Even though my record shows the "Annual" status with an expiration dated 2033, her records show "300life" that tells her I am a "Lifetime" member.

I should have included this contact information:

NRA Life Member Services at 800-672-3888

Hope this helps,

Steve

8. 3220

3220 Member

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update and information on the NRA membership upgrades. That make sense. I could not find anyone to help me get to the bottom of this issue.

All the best,

Fred

9. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Thanks guys,

I just called and upgraded. No problem. No sponsor needed or anything. Just say you saw it online at trapshooters.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.