1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30 yard - not sure

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ATP71, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATP71

ATP71 TS Member

While I have great respect for Phil, Neal, Hap and others I don't understand why we don't increase the angle and speed before we start pouring concrete and altering clubs. Would we not achieve the same goal by presenting a tougher target? What am I missing here, it certainly is not cost. Three hole 52 yards am I wrong?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

And would that make it harder for everyone, thereby penalizing all shooters, not just the 27 yarders?

GneJ

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Nope you are it wrong. But the guys you described all have different ideas. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I don't want to put words in anyones mouth, but Neil wants the targets we have, Phil wants less shot, and more yardage, Hap wants things to be the way they were.

I think 52 yard targets, in the three hole will solve the problem of required concrete.

Then there are those that will get mad and quit. You can't stop that, there are always mad at someone. Let them go. We the ATA gets 3,000 new members a year& looses 3,000 members a year.

It's called saturation, that's all the people that like it!

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. Barry Kemper

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think most of us would just move to the front row in short order...

5. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I think the whiners are worried about getting beat by the good 27 yarders and by the sandbaggers and beginers on the 20 yard line. The solution might be to go back to 3 hole targets and reguire you shoot from a least the 25 yard line if you want to shoot for money. This would bring back the Amateur in ATA and the Big Dogs won't have near as much money to split up. I sure this will make everyone happy except the Whiners of course. John Moore

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

John why shouldn't the best shooters win the most money? Are you squatting down on Wall Street?

7. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I really don't have a problem with the good shooters taking the money, I only play the money when I'm shooting good and as of late I haven't played. I just keep hearing Amateur and more yards,the whiners sound like the wallstreet crowd (if they can't win lets penalize someone). I think every knows that the top guys will still win.

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Of course the best will win, that is the purpose of competition to determine the best. More yards are needed for those who have earned them but have no place to go.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I just keep hearing Amateur and more yards,the whiners sound like the wallstreet crowd (if they can't win lets penalize someone). I think every knows that the top guys will still win."

Very interesting, but why is it when someone suggests more concrete you consider it being penalized. Yet when you suggest 3 hole targets it isn't a penalty. Why is that?????

Bob Lawless

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

To play the devils advocate;

More speed and wider angles? The clubs that wanna' throw softies will still do it in spite of the new rules. Adding concrete is prob'ly more enforcable, so why not add concrete AHEAD of the 16 yard line also........let's say up to 10 yards to level the playing field in handicap for them that can't carry a 90% average in 16 yard singles? That would relieve the traffic jam we'd see on the 20 yard line if we'd go to mandatory reductions.

John C. Saubak

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Question...

Does every Club have to comply with all the yardage rules?!

Let's say that my Club is limited to 27 yards... what if I post in the announcement that I can't support longer yardage... can I run a shoot that's limited to just 27 yard shooters or less?!

Jay

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jay, it could be just as it was during that last yardage increase, longer yardage shooters were allowed to compete from the clubs maximum yardage stripe. ATA rule.

Hap

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Where does the 28 yarder shoot from? Or is he just limited to those clubs with 'concrete '?

or, do we rescind that rule too.

Sorry, all posting at the same time.

So, you would not earn punches at shorter yardage, right? Hardly would be fair.

14. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

Bob, I think it would be hard to make a 30 yard line,( traps to close together, no room) three hole targets would not penalize anyone it would only make the game a little harder. I think the 25 yard rule to shoot for money would pull a lot of 20 yarders back to the 25 so they could shoot for money. John 8703697

15. ivanhoe

"I think the 25 yard rule to shoot for money would pull a lot of 20 yarders back to the 25 so they could shoot for money."

John so tell me once a shooter go back to 25 yards to shoot for money. Will he have to stay there until he learns his chances are even less at making money then they were at 20??? How about if he wins money then what happens???

"three hole targets would not penalize anyone it would only make the game a little harder."

If that is the case why chance loosing attendance just to make the game a little harder??? What would that accomplish???

Bob Lawless

16. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

Bob, I really don't care what the ATA does. I shoot for the fun of it and because I like to compete. I just get tired of the same old story, that we have to move the Big Dogs back tell they can't win every time. I can understand the old shooters on this site not wanting to make their game harder,(3 hole targets, what would that do to my singles average). I have shoot at a club that still throws 3 hole targets and the only difference was that, I had to remind myself that it wasn't the score, its wether I'm winning or not. I really have to go now, I hope you old farts can find some else to argue with the rest of the day.

17. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I sure wish we could have disagreement without petty demeaning labels being slapped on the party with the opposing viewpoint. That's about as non constructive as it gets.

18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

Not sure I remember, but no one beyond the 23 yard line had won the GAH - till the hole was changed.

19. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Help your memory....Roger Smith, Reggie Jachimowski. Britt Robinson all 27

20. ivanhoe

"Not sure I remember, but no one beyond the 23 yard line had won the GAH - till the hole was changed."

Are you referring the official rule change or when the rule was allegedly changed??

If you are talking about the official rule change, there were 6 win in the GAH from farther than the 23 before 1995. The first in 1933 from the 25.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.