1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30" vs 32" in .410 skeet and sporting clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dan2116, May 30, 2013.

1. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Anyone with preference with 30" & 32" barreled guns in .410 for skeet and sporting clay shooting.

2. single stack

single stack Member

I own 28" and 30" barrels on .410 O/U's and I don't notice much difference between the two. I also have one with 26" barrels and it is significantly different because it is a lightweight at about 6 pounds. I most often shoot skeet , 5 stand and occasionally trap, not sporting clays. SC targets can be set too far for the little .410. Heck, trap is a little too far for me but it's still fun.

I doubt that I'd notice much difference between 30" and 32" barrels. Plus, I don't see many .410s with 32" barrels.

Most folks have their skeet guns tubed for the subgauges making it a "run what ya brung" situation.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting with 20, 28 and .410 barrels. All are 32" barrels. I shot Skeet and Sporting with 30" O/U guns for many years. Now the 32" Guerini is all I shoot. I love the 32" barrels. My CG weighs just eight pounds and it is very responsive.

The .410 is my favorite gauge for Skeet. I do shoot some Sporting with the .410. Eight-and-one-half shot is perfect for .410 Sporting Clays. I shoot 9's for Skeet. I probably shoot 5000 .410's per year.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I seriously doubt you could tell the difference between the two, at least I can't. I have a K20 with 30 inch and a Blaser with 32. Shoot them about the same and have no real preference. Drop down to 28 or 26 and the difference would likely be more apparent.

5. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

No concensus here. Tough to get a clear answer to a question like this on a forum..... Everybody is different - short, fat guys; tall, skinny guys; tall, fat guys with short arms, etc, etc.... Weak guys; strong guys. Old guys; young guys. Ad nauseam.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I have a Citori .410 sporting Clays edition with 32" bbls and it swings very nicely at the skeet field.

I like it alot.

That should answer your question?

Randy

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Guns Unlimited may still have the Browning Special Sporting Clays Edition 410 with 32" barrels.

I had one, sold it like a muttonhead. It was a fabulous gun, not a broomstick. The extra weight at the muzzle really makes a difference in the baby bores.

8. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

I too have the guns unlimited special sportings one 20ga one 28 ga. they both have the 32" bbls. I have shot 28 and 30" bbls in the past. I have weighted the stocks abit to balance them out a little better. I really like them.

9. Gixxerpilot750

Gixxerpilot750 TS Member

I shoot a 32" K80 for sporting and FITASC and have tubes for subgauge clays and FITASC. My preference is to have the same gun and "view" for everything. It's not exactly a sight picture, but I think it's important for the brain to see the same thing all the time rather than going back and forth between different guns or barrel sets.

Search tags for this page
30 in vs 28 for sporting clays
30 vs 32 barrels for sporting clays

410 for sporting clays

410 sporting clays
barrels 410vs
shoguns sporting clays 30 vs32 barrell
shooting 410 in sporting clays
sporting clays 30 vs 32 inch barrels