1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30 round mags

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by schwabby, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwabby

schwabby Member

I asked on the assault weapons thread why anyone needs more than 6 or ten round mags. No real answers given, just straw men. The slippery slope argument in not a valid answer. Neither are videos of speed reloads or IPSC matches or "Maybe you're a bad shot" Anybody got anything legitimate?
    Steve

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What part of "shall not be infringed" is hard to comprehend?

What are now considered "high capacity" magazines were what the firearms were originally designed to use. 20-30 round mags for the M-16/AR-15 were the originally designed magazines. 20 round mags for the M14/M1A were the originally designed magazines. Anything less is represents a change dictated by legislation, not by demand or common sense.

Liberals don't really care if you have a 100 round, 30 round, 10 round, 5 round, or one round magazine, or a single shot rifle, or a muzzleloader. They don't want you to have ANY firearms, PERIOD. It's called incrementalism. They started by banning anything over 10 rounds (in 94, which has since expired federally, but has been maintained on a state level in many states). Eventually it'll be anything over 5 rounds. Then it will be any firearm capable of accepting a magazine, then any firearm capable of accepting more than one round at a time. Then it will be any tool capable of expelling a projectile.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A riflemen with a 3 round bolt gun is far more deadly than yet another, spray and pray, 30 round, liberal freak that went wild!

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The far left detest 30 round mags but abortions are lovely.

5. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Reminds me of why do you carry a .45????
    Cause they dont make a .46

Does it really,,, really matter????? I think not.

Looks like it is going to be a sunny day today with cooler weather this weekend....

6. avery53

avery53 Member

Why do you guys keep feeding these TROLL'S ?

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Don't know about the rest of you, but I don't "need" most things I own. I have them because I WANT them so shwabbie's question is nonsensical. The real question is "Why shouldn't I be able to own 30, 50 or 500 round magazines if I want?" Who is schwabby to tell me I should only own magazines of the size he approves of? Well, this is what he is:

johngalt_2011_12067.jpg

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Here is the counter question: Do you think a rifle equiped with a 5 or 10 round magazine is any less deadly? Or - do you think some piece of legislation has any effect on the bad guys intent on doing harm?

And for our inquiring minds - Has Ted White morphed into Schwabby?

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Why own 30 rounders, Because I Can.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I know a guy that deer hunts with a full 10 round clip attached to his M1 Grande. His back pack has an extra 30 rounds in it. Ballistic tip 30-06. I picked up his back pack once, and had to laugh. This was the little day pack version. It weighed at least thirty pounds. This was hunting in Northern Wisconsin I might add. I have to wonder, what the hell is going to attack you. If you miss with the first three shots, maybe you should stop shooting. Your longest shot averages below 100 yds. here. I don't understand the mindset. To haul all of that around just because it is your right, does not make sense!

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

So what's your point? Is it that you've been sniffing too much of the natural methane you collect? Now the liberal frackers want to tell somebody how much ammo they should carry when they hunt. Why can't they just mind their own business?

Only a non-shooter can call a rifle a "M1 Grande"- no such thing.

12. wolfram

Also the M1 takes 8 round en bloc clips and you need to have them full when you load the rifle. Gotta call BS on ya fly guy.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

OK Garand, Grande same thing.

So, I am not completely familiar with the M1 Garand! Give, or take one or two rounds. Really does not make a difference. Does not change the fact that radical right wing gun nuts, hunting with 40 rounds of ammunition does not make sense. I don't give a shit, until he dropped his back pack down to me. It just does not make sense. It is not one of the fifty, or so guns that I have owned, or do own. Sorry.

Speaking of non-shooters, Galt, you have never, ever, made a post, or thread that indicates you even have guns, let alone shoot them. Why?

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

He means an M1-30 carbine or M14.

Easy confusion for those not versed on military hardware.

15. wolfram

Yes lots of M14s out there chambered for 30-06 ....

16. Rick Barker

He might be confused on then caliber as well, all three are 30 caliber,.308 dia.

You guys are just too hard on misguided people.

Look, it is beyond the comprehension to people dedicated to governent, that government bans do not work and create black markets.

They believe in "feel good, good intentions" legislation cures all ills, while ignoring the real problem which is the decline of our culture. But they don't like religion or moral virtues forced upon them, so they would prefer government forced upon the culture with the government pointing the gun.

I think a lot of them believe that if ban were to be placed, all existing magazines over 10 rounds would be turned in or confiscated. They are not familiar with the government not being able to effect pre conditions on legislation passed.

The FBI, as I remember, found no decrease in crime due to the last mag ban, perhaps the reason it was not extended.

Myself, I think any mag over 20 rounds is unreliable, but if people want them, so what.

17. wolfram

Okay fine, lets all go about and make judgement calls on other people's equipment without really knowing anything about them other that they have more ammunition than we think they need. From now on we can just describe the rifle as a bang bang that holds a frightening amount of ammo and has many evil traits such as a bayonette lug or what ever the scary buzz word feature may be. What ever it is we don't need that stuff here because we all shoot single shot trap guns......

18. Rick Barker

Wolfram, I understand your statements, but we cannot bring them from the dark side, unless we educate them.

Then then again there are those who like to remain ignorant which no amount of cajoling, arguement or education will fix.

I am not going to second guess your arguements. Press forward and make your views heard, sir.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Because they are included in the Declaration of Independence

When I put a 30 round magazine in my Bushmaster and empty it it makes me three times happier than a 10 round mag

So I am exercising right of Happiness as in Life, freedom and pursuit of happiness

20. wolfram

I guess I'm just a bit shocked that there are supposed shooters out there that don't know what an M1 Garand is or more importantly what that particular rifle did for our country. Hey if a guy wants to hunt with one more power to him and I could care less how much ammo he packs.

But what I do have a problem with is people that believe gun laws somehow are based on what is needed (as in how many rounds for hunting) and what is safe as in how many rounds make a firearm less capable of evil. All of this is just a matter of cosmetics and appearance and yet here we have people actually buying into this junk.

Here is what you are really buying into when you get on the antigun bandwagon - ban the AKs and ARs because they relly look evil, next ban semi automactic anything because they can be really evil too, then those evil bolt action 'sniper rifles' must go - you know like the kind used by many big game hunters and pretty soon it will be all guns and we will truley be subjects of our government.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.