1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30 ROUND CLIPS FOR PISTOLS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The news all day said the shooter had guns with 30 round clips. I did not know you could get a 30 round clip for a Sig or glock. Is this really so?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Sigs and Glock use magazines, not clips.

If you are referring to magazines then yes, you can. I have a few 33rd mags for my Glock.

3. dss8110

dss8110 Member

You can get a 32rd for the glock in 9mm.I have some but they are too heavy loaded.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    In fact, the large factory extended mag for the Glock 17 holds 33 rounds.

It was actually designed for the Glock 18, which is a select fire version of the Glock 17 (ie a machinegun handgun).

There are also aftermarket companies making 30 round magazines.

I don't have a SIG/Sauer P-226 9mm anymore, but somewhere around here I still have a 20 round mag for it. Figured if I needed to reload after 15+1 rounds then something was seriously wrong and the extra rounds were needed.

View attachment 200664

BTW, do you know the difference between a 15 round and a 30 round magazine?

A three second mag swap.

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Are you such a bad shot that you need 30. Or is is a manly thing to compinsate.

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Do I need a reason to own a 30rd mag? Oh, let me guess you are one of the fudds who hang out at gun clubs questioning people about why we need 30rd mags.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The reason there are 30 round mags for Glock's is the same reason there are Fords and Chevy's.

nothing "manly" about it.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why did I suspect this is where he was headed with this. Jeez

9. Brian in Oregon

So Bernie, are you next going to ask Model 12 owners why they need a six shot mag tube when only two are needed for hunting? Do you think they're trying to compensate for something?

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Why we "need" 30 round magazines?

Same reason some people have 6 kids, same reason some people drive full size pickup trucks, same reason why my SUV has 402 HP.

The same reason you can vote for O and you can still live your life without people spitting on you.

Do we need a reason to have someone telling us that we can?

11. Brian in Oregon

Because it is not the "Bill of Needs".

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Yes, thay have them and we mainly used them for tactical shooting to keep from having to reload ... They stick out to far and are really hard to use for concealed carry ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. magicman

magicman TS Member

I guess you could say the samething about $10,000 plus shotguns. Are they needed or is it a man thing ? If it is a man thing,so what.

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Similar to the old question- Why do you carry a .45? Cause they don't make a .46.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"These two guns were "registered" to the mother, really? Does CT have registration laws, or was the mother the purchaser who bought the guns for son and her name appeared on the FFL form?"

Yes Conn. has plenty of registration laws. As far as the mother purchasing for the son that is against federl gun laws.

Bob Lawless

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Mother will have to stand trial, wait a minute she already did and was convicted at the hands of her son ... Laws are made for law abiding citizens and not for everyone obviously ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Media whores jump at any chance to put down other peoples and promote their own agenda ... They for the most part wouldn't know a Glock from a BB gun (not a Bowen) or maybe even a Bowen ... Typical lefties, do as I say and not as I do attitudes ... They know what best for everyone if you don't believe me, ask one of them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

First of all I do hang around a gun club... oh ya, director in one for 20 years director in another for 12 before becoming president now going on 6 years.

Spend evey Friday , Saturday and Sunday all day from opening to closing . Wedensdays from 11 to 3pm. Been doing this every week for the past 16 years.

At the club today I could find not one shooter that thought a 30 round mag. as one shooter pointed out to dumb old me , not a clip, they were clips when I bought my first Hi Standard in 1967.

I grew up like most shooters my age (68) watching the Lone Ranger, Hop-a-Casity, Roy Rogers and all the rest of the cowboys of the Golden age of Westers. We took our guns to school and put them in our lockers to hunt with afer school. Every kid had a BB gun, a set of pearl handle cap guns.

There was never a shooting at a school or store. It all started in the 70s after don't spank your kids and Ridland for all sorts of crap.

I'am sorry if I offened all you guys . Last night and even now I hurt from this tragedy. Like you I hurt. Sorry.

19. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

" At the club today I could find not one shooter that thought a 30 round mag. as one shooter pointed out to dumb old me , not a clip, they were clips when I bought my first Hi Standard in 1967."

What couldn't you find?

Fact is that O/Us, single actions, and the guns you grew up with are on the way out. Younger shooters, the ones that will carry on the "hobby" or whatever you want to call it, are the ones that are going to be responsible for protecting our rights in the future. To shun this demographic because a certain segment of shooters doesn't see a "need" for something is to doom us as a whole.

20. Brian in Oregon

It's interesting how old Fudds demand you vote THEIR way, support THEIR guns, etc., but then they won't reciprocate and often tell you that you should give up YOUR gun to protect THEIR gun. Then they harrumph about how pro-gun they are, when in reality they're aiding and abetting our enemies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

30 rond clips for pistols