1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30" or 32" doubles gun?????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mark magers, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark magers

mark magers TS Member

I am buying my wife a new XT Combo. Before I buy it i would love some info on what to get. 30" or 32" double barrel, Un single or top single 34" Thanks Mark. Also looking for a used precision fit stock for the gun.

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

For what its worth,if it's going to be your wifes gun let her pick it out,and let her tell you whats right for her.This way if it dont work out she cant say"I told you so".I could be wrong on this I've been before.

3. 548

548 Guest

I prefer the 30" over and under. The XT's are nice, I had one and sold it in September. One common issue with them though is the ejector retaining pin for the lower barrel works it's way loose and by the time you realize there is an issue it is broke or missing. Every XT at our club has this issue, mine failed three times in 8 years.

I bought the Joel Etchen 687 SPIII combo to replace the XT. In my opinion it is much more gun for basically the same money. In fact, Etchens also sells the Browning XT's. Give him a call and get his opinion. Just trying to offer my experience with the XT to give you more insight before writing that check. Resale value is better with the Beretta also.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I also prefer the 30" O/U just because it is quicker to handle. I did own a Grade III Citori Trap (the predecessor to the XT) for 14 trouble free years.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

For a lady I go with the 30" but keep in mind the 30" will bring less money down the road.

6. 548

548 Guest

goose2, what is the typical discount a 30" owner can expect to see when he sells?

For the record, I think you're full of it.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

Having shot both, I can tell you that the 32 is perceptibly more difficult to swing. I'm shot a 32" MX8 for nearly 30 years and now shoot a 32" CG for doubles, and the XT I shot seemed a lot more front heavy.

8. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

Top vs. bottom single is a matter of choice and comfort. If possible have her shoot both to see which she prefers...I agree, the 30" O/U may be better for her. I have two Joel Etchen combo's one O/U is a 30" and the other 32"...I prefer the 32" because I have a tendency to swing the 30" too quickly. Good luck, by the way I've had the XT combo as well and I much prefer the Beretta 687 series...Personal choice as well...Ron

9. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

PFS PM sent

10. mark magers

mark magers TS Member

Thanks for all of posts. Its great advise.

11. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

32" barrels wil have a better resale than a 30" gun if you dont belive it go to gunsinternational. com & spend some time looking & you will see.

12. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

NO issues with the Brownings we have used over the years. Great guns and very reliable. Our choice is 30" for Doubles but it comes down to personal preference.

13. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

30 vs 32 just depends on whether you like lighter or heavier barrels. There are certainly 32's that are lighter and swing faster than 30's and vice versa. Try before you buy!!

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I like the sighting plane on 32"inch Bbls, 30"inch tends to over swing for me, whippy as some would say.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

30 or 32 for doubles

30 or 32 for trap

30 or 32 inch for trap doubles

doubles trap 30 or 32