1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30 or 32" barrel recomendation on an O/U

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bob radasch, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

30 or 32

I am looking at getting a Citori XT O/U as my starter trap gun. Do you recommend a 30" or a 32" barrel???? I plan on doing singles for a long time until Im more proficient but at some time would like to consider doubles. Currently have a citori Skeet with invector system- 28" barrel

Thanks BR

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

30 or 32

Finding a set of barrels that hits what you are shooting at is more important than the length. HMB

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

30 or 32

It is a personal preference, choose the one that swings the best for you.

Steve

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

30 or 32

BR
    It is important that you shoot the gun first to see how it swings for you. I had a 32in XT and even had a custom stock made so it fit great but the 32in was just a little too slow swinging for me and I would lose a few birds if I would get tired after a long day. I now have 30in barrel Cynergy and like it much better. Every one is different so what works for one may not be the best for another but find some one that will let you shoot one first to see how it feels to you. If you are close to Cincinnati you are welcome to try mine.
    Good luck
    randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.